funny story

This is a discussion on funny story within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; During my CHL class, the instructor told us how having a permit does not allow you any special powers or rights you do not have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: funny story

funny story

During my CHL class, the instructor told us how having a permit does not allow you any special powers or rights you do not have right now outside of the ability to carry a concealed weapon. He said a student once asked in the class "What kind of lights do I need to put on my truck to pull people over?"

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    I would think a sign that say I'm with Stupid (with the arrow pointed skyward) would suffice.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

VIP Member
    Some people, hey.

Dakota...Incorrect Positioning...

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotaranger View Post
    I would think a sign that say I'm with Stupid (with the arrow pointed skyward) would suffice.
    With the aforementioned sign placed on top of the truck, the arrow would, indeed, have to be pointing downward...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by motleystew View Post
    "What kind of lights do I need to put on my truck to pull people over?"
    They should have kicked him out right there and cited that he was too stupid to carry a gun.

Assistant Administrator
    There will I suspect always be a few Mall Ninja's who decide that they can excercize their Wyatt Earp fantasies thru CCW!

Any who should happen to be on one of my courses will be quickly put straight or kicked out.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    They should have kicked him out right there and cited that he was too stupid to carry a gun.
    Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

JD
    Administrator
    Wow, that's pretty insane. Where do these people come from and how can we stop them from multiplying?

He said a student once asked in the class "What kind of lights do I need to put on my truck to pull people over?"
    *rolls eyes*

"I've got a shotgun, a rifle, and a four-wheel drive.. a country boy can survive..." - Hank Williams, Jr.

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    the guy who wants lights can call me...oh wait...wrong forum...

what an idiot....

(i do emergency warning lights and radio sales part time...)

--Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

I think the proper response by the instructor should have been to say "You fail right now. You may go home now."

My own funny story happened in 1992 while working at a gun shop part time whaile I was still in the Navy. One day a fellow walked in and wanted to look at hunting rifles. I asked him if he had ever hunted before and he told me no but he had the chance to go bear hunting someplace way up North. It may have been Canada, I don't recall. But what I do recall was me telling him that if he was going to hunt bear, he needed a powerful rifle because you don't want a wounded bear trying to kill you.
    He looked at me and said, and I swear to you this is what he said, "I don't want to kill the bear."
    To which I answered, "Then why are you going to be shooting him?"
    He said, "I only want to wound him and knock him out, then bring him back to his home and train him to do tricks."
    I stared at this guy waiting for the punch line but none ever came. So I asked the obvious question, "Are you serious?" He assured me he was.
    I then told him that I was not selling him a rifle and he should go now. He was a little mad but I kept telling him that I was not selling him a rifle and he should go.
    He finally left after complaining to the owner who, after hearing the same explaination that I heard for the need to buy a rifle, laughed in his face and called him a moron and then told him to get out of his shop.

It takes all kinds but some of those kinds are a little nuttier than most.
    Last edited by TN_Mike; November 20th, 2006 at 02:01 AM.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Or maybe....

Quote Originally Posted by PT-111 View Post
    I think the proper response by the instructor should have been to say "You fail right now. You may go home now."

My own funny story happened in 1992 while working at a gun shop part time whaile I was still in the Navy. One day a fellow walked in and wanted to look at hunting rifles. I asked him if he had ever hunted before and he told me no but he had the chance to go bear hunting someplace way up North. It may have been Canada, I don't recall. But what I do recall was me telling him that if he was going to hunt bear, he needed a powerful rifle because you don't want a wounded bear trying to kill you.
    He looked at me and said, and I swear to you this is what he said, "I don't want to kill the bear."
    To which I answered, "Then why are you going to be shooting him?"
    He said, "I only want to wound him and knock him out, then bring him back to his home and train him to do tricks."
    I stared at this guy waiting for the punch line but none ever came. So I asked the obvious question, "Are you serious?" He assured me he was.
    I then told him that I was not selling him a rifle and he should go now. He was a little ,ad but I kept telling him that I was not selling him a rifle and he should go.
    He finally left after complaining to the owner who, after hearing the same explaination that I heard for the need to buy a rifle, laughed in his face and called him a moron and then told him to get out of his shop.

It takes all kinds but some of those kinds are a little nuttier than most.
    Maybe you should have sold him one of those less than lethal shotgun setups with the bean bags and let natural selection do its thing.

Unfortunately people like this DO exist. He needs a light of course, it needs to be a bulb over his head, his has gone out. Doh!! As for a siren, how about a hi-low siren that goes MORRR-on-MORRR-on-MORRR-on.

During my CHL class, the instructor told us how having a permit does not allow you any special powers or rights you do not have right now outside of the ability to carry a concealed weapon. He said a student once asked in the class "What kind of lights do I need to put on my truck to pull people over?"

Here's Your Sign!!!
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

VIP Member
    Yep, "Get out of my class" would have been the most appropriate response. Not sure someone like this can be fixed, but who knows... maybe.

As for hunter-guy...I wish more shops would have the sense that you had. Thanks. I'm liking Fragman's idea, though. Give him a 12ga and sell him some beanbags. I may think Darwin's theory was flawed, but that doesn't mean he was all wrong.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links