Getting fingerprinted

Getting fingerprinted

This is a discussion on Getting fingerprinted within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tommorrow i will be going to our DMV and getting fingerprinted for VA. & FL. permits . After them i will go for PA. I ...

Thread: Getting fingerprinted

VIP Member

Getting fingerprinted

Tommorrow i will be going to our DMV and getting fingerprinted for VA. & FL. permits . After them i will go for PA. I think that will cover 42 or 43 States .

If you do the electronic fingerprint scans it will speed up your process a bunch. If your DMV uses electronic fingerprint scans, that's great....if not
    most Sheriffs departments will do the electronic scans cheap.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    They do electronic scans . Only thing i wonder is if they charge twice for each state i want .

VIP Member
    You have a MD permit welder?

Glen Burnie takes forever, your county PD can do them also. Never anyone ahead of me when I went to Howard County PD. Howard doesn't do electronic but I wasn't in a huge hurry for FL, already had Utah.

VIP Member
    Hello Stoveman , Glen Burnie is right around the corner . They did 4 of us fairly quick a cpl. months back . The lady was not to social but she did aleast get them done sorta quick . We are in A.A county

VIP Member
    Yes i have MD. Permit received in May middle of month .

VIP Member
    Lucky dog.

You're practically a home boy, I'm in Hanover, right across the AA line in Howard.

If you don't mind, PM me on how you got your permit, they are scarce as hen's teeth.

VIP Member
    Just PM you Stoveman

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    Tommorrow i will be going to our DMV and getting fingerprinted for VA. & FL. permits . After them i will go for PA. I think that will cover 42 or 43 States .
    Just curious, but do you travel to 42-43 states? I got my FL permit because I live here. the fact that it's good in 35 states, most of which I'll never see, is irrelevant. There seems to be a lot of "My permits cover more states than yours does" posted on this site.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    good for you bro, i wish i could get MD but its too much hassle and for them i "dont have a good enough reason", congrats.

and regarding the post above mine: he may not travel to other states all of the time but i would love to be able to carry when i go on vacation, family emergency, or just visiting friends/family. as you know when in the military you become close with a bunch of people from all over the states, would be nice if i could carry when visiting them. also when i go on hunting trips it would be nice to be able to carry not only when im hunting but when im around in their towns and everything. i only have one states so far, but i would like to expand my options in the future, one of those "what if" things not a "mine is bigger than yours".
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    good for you

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Just curious, but do you travel to 42-43 states? I got my FL permit because I live here. the fact that it's good in 35 states, most of which I'll never see, is irrelevant. There seems to be a lot of "My permits cover more states than yours does" posted on this site.
    I think a lot of us get excited particularly us new to CC, almost like its a game. It is a comfort to know you have options. I got my FL Lic. because I hope some day to be spending a lot of time in your fine state! I do think neighboring states are a good idea though for all of us. Just my .02

Sponsored Links