Nevada CC Permit?

Nevada CC Permit?

This is a discussion on Nevada CC Permit? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Haven't been able to find this info, What if we are in Vegas long enough to take class and qualify but not to submit application? ...

Nevada CC Permit?

Haven't been able to find this info, What if we are in Vegas long enough to take class and qualify but not to submit application?
    Can I wait and submit on next visit? Is there a time limit?

Thank You,
    Mike

From what I've read you can submit it later, but then you need to pick it up in person so plan on two additional trips.

I did not realize that, thanks

They mailed mine out (Reno), but I had to do the application in person. It's worth staying an extra business day to get that in. I don't know if anything is different in Vegas though...
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Yeah, so I've been trying to figure out the same thing. In Vegas, The Gun Store offers NV CCW classes for free (there may be others that I'm simply not aware of), but the classes don't really fit in with my schedule and the sherriff's office hours, which is M-F 8-5, or thereabouts. I could take the class on sunday then stay the night and turn in the app. on Monday. The class ends at 6:00, so no matter what, that would necessitate an overnight stay. What I've decided: I'll take the class at a range 45 min. away, in Mesquite, NV, prolly in Sept., then go to Vegas in Oct. to turn in my app. I've been told that the class certificate and shooting qualification is good for a year, but I'd rather not take that chance and take the class, qualification, and turn in app. within a month's time frame. Taking the class in Mesquite is $100, but it fits my schedule better. Of course, a hotel in Vegas can be had for $100 too, so who knows? Still rattling in my brain a bit. When are you coming to Vegas? Maybe a meet-n-greet and take class together if schedules work out?

If you are from out of state you can "turn in" your application at any sheriffs department, not just Las Vegas. Only residents of a particular county must apply at within the county they live. depending on what is more convenient for you, vegas is not your only choice. New permits are mailed, so no need to pick up in person.

Quote Originally Posted by tele_pathic View Post
    Yeah, so I've been trying to figure out the same thing. In Vegas, The Gun Store offers NV CCW classes for free (there may be others that I'm simply not aware of), but the classes don't really fit in with my schedule and the sherriff's office hours, which is M-F 8-5, or thereabouts. I could take the class on sunday then stay the night and turn in the app. on Monday. The class ends at 6:00, so no matter what, that would necessitate an overnight stay.
    That's what I did... of course, I'm in WA so it was a two day trip...

Quote Originally Posted by kinoons View Post
    If you are from out of state you can "turn in" your application at any sheriffs department, not just Las Vegas. Only residents of a particular county must apply at within the county they live. depending on what is more convenient for you, vegas is not your only choice. New permits are mailed, so no need to pick up in person.
    I thought you had to submit your app in the same county that you did the class in?
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    I thought you had to submit your app in the same county that you did the class in?
    That is correct, a non-resident may qualify and submit their application in any Nevada county. The permit will be mailed to your home address. Right now Clark County (Las Vegas) is running about 110 days from submission to actually having your permit. The class is good for one year.

Ken

Contact Kurt Gepke (CCW instructor.) excellent teacher BTW

Home Page

Had my class and submitted the very next morning. Took 25 minutes to do the paperwork. Permit was mailed to me 23 days later.

Las Vegas Metro Police handle permits in Clark County. Very efficient operation IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by tele_pathic View Post
    Yeah, so I've been trying to figure out the same thing. In Vegas, The Gun Store offers NV CCW classes for free (there may be others that I'm simply not aware of), but the classes don't really fit in with my schedule and the sherriff's office hours, which is M-F 8-5, or thereabouts. I could take the class on sunday then stay the night and turn in the app. on Monday. The class ends at 6:00, so no matter what, that would necessitate an overnight stay. What I've decided: I'll take the class at a range 45 min. away, in Mesquite, NV, prolly in Sept., then go to Vegas in Oct. to turn in my app. I've been told that the class certificate and shooting qualification is good for a year, but I'd rather not take that chance and take the class, qualification, and turn in app. within a month's time frame. Taking the class in Mesquite is $100, but it fits my schedule better. Of course, a hotel in Vegas can be had for $100 too, so who knows? Still rattling in my brain a bit. When are you coming to Vegas? Maybe a meet-n-greet and take class together if schedules work out?
    Thanks for the response, We are shooting for Labor Day Weekend, will post if for sure.

Kurt Gepke will come to your hotel and teach the class, weekends included. Just an FYI.

Links