Don't talk to Police

This is a discussion on Don't talk to Police within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you haven't seen this video, I HIGHLY recommend it. It's a little long, but this is the very best information I have seen on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Don't talk to Police

Don't talk to Police

If you haven't seen this video, I HIGHLY recommend it. It's a little long, but this is the very best information I have seen on this topic!

2. Remove Ads

That's an interesting video, thanks for posting. I have to admit that I had not thought of those issues before.

I find it interesting that the detective also agrees that you should not talk to the police
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

I have bookmarked this video from a year or so ago. It is excellent, and an absolutely must watch. I think I'll download it and put it on my media HD for TV viewing when certain members of my family come over. Thanks for the reminder.

Been running for a long time I think. Words of wisdom.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
    Smith and Wesson SW40VE -SOLD
    XD9 4'' -Current
    Kimber Ultra Carry II- coming

Just as a point of thought. Ayoob offers a little different advice to go with this video. Ayoob is a LEO and testifies as an expert witness for gun cases. He feels you should tell the police I am the victim that is the bad guy laying there. My spent shell are here and point them oout. point out the bad guys gun and any empty cases so evidence doesn't get overlooked or moved during the investigation. Then tell the officer you plan on cooperating fully within the next 24 hours after calming down and talking to counsel. Just a little different perspective.

My Son is a SWAT team member for a large county sheriff department and he has told me not to say much to the police and that my attorney will thank me for shutting up.

This is a "G" rated, attorney's version of "Scared Straight."
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Good video. I knew that it wasn't a good idea to talk to the police, but this really enforces that idea.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Senior Member Array Warrior1256's Avatar
    I saw this and others like it a long time ago. It is definately best to keep your mouth shut until you talk to an attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Just as a point of thought. Ayoob offers a little different advice to go with this video. Ayoob is a LEO and testifies as an expert witness for gun cases. He feels you should tell the police I am the victim that is the bad guy laying there. My spent shell are here and point them oout. point out the bad guys gun and any empty cases so evidence doesn't get overlooked or moved during the investigation. Then tell the officer you plan on cooperating fully within the next 24 hours after calming down and talking to counsel. Just a little different perspective.

My Son is a SWAT team member for a large county sheriff department and he has told me not to say much to the police and that my attorney will thank me for shutting up.
    This is the approach I hope I have to never use.
    Last edited by varob; June 5th, 2013 at 10:04 PM.
    006.9V2.1 and Secret Spuk like this.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member
    Watched it last time it was around here, very informative. Glad I saw it, good for other/new members to see.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

VIP Member
    I have watched this video in its entirety several times, and rely on it heavily when imparting information on this topic to others. Great stuff, and all relevant.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

Quote Originally Posted by manolito View Post

Ayoob also recommends that you sign the complaint. One thing that worries me about Ayoob's approach is that it requires a lot of self discipline at a time when the adrenaline is sure to be flowing. I've been in a couple of intense situations (before I carried and I never came to any harm or had to harm anyone else, fortunately) and it was really hard to shut up afterwards. I am afraid that once I start talking it will be hard to shut it down. Just my 2 cents, and obviously Ayoob has forgotten more than I will ever know on the subject.

Administrator
    It has been posted here several times before but, since it still seems to be getting comments and we have so many new members who may wish to also comment and offer opinions etc. - it can stay here.
    DefConGun likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links