Car seat holster using a Blackhawk SERPA CQC

This is a discussion on Car seat holster using a Blackhawk SERPA CQC within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I finally found a great use for a Blackhawk SERPA CQC holster - as a car seat holster. After my incident last month where someone ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chief8991

Thread: Car seat holster using a Blackhawk SERPA CQC

VIP Member

I finally found a great use for a Blackhawk SERPA CQC holster - as a car seat holster. After my incident last month where someone accidentally opened my car door while I was sitting in the car parked at a gas station (see Car door pulled open), I realized that carrying IWB at 4 o'clock while driving makes it almost impossible to access one's gun if needed.

I had bought the Blackhawk a while ago and only used it to holster my gun at night by sliding the belt insert over the frame of the bed next to the mattress. The idea I had is to insert the holster between the plastic base of the seat in your car and the seat. The holster has a small hook on the belt slide and that prevents the holster from moving along the seat base or being pulled out accidentally.

Here are some pics:

IMAG0617.jpgIMAG0622.jpgIMAG0624.jpg

You can adjust the cant of the holster so the gun is held with the grip more towards the rear of the car making it easier for you to access and remove the gun from the holster.

(Original post edited due to Texas law requiring a gun in a vehicle to be concealed. This idea might work for people in states where car carry can be open.)
    Last edited by BenGoodLuck; June 7th, 2013 at 04:30 PM. Reason: To comply with Texas law
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

I thought TX required concealment...?
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    Something witty

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chief8991 View Post
    I thought TX required concealment...?
    You're right! The idea is for people in states where open vehicle carry is legal.

From the Texas DPS FAQ Page:
    Q. Can I carry a handgun without a license when driving or traveling in a Motor Vehicle?
    A. Effective September 1, 2007 a person who can legally possess a firearm may possess or carry a handgun
    in motor vehicle (including a recreational vehicle with living quarters) and watercraft that is owned by or
    under the lawful control of the person. However, the firearm must be concealed, the person may not be
    engaged in criminal activity, and also may not be a member of “Criminal Street Gang.” The person may also
    carry the firearm to and from his vehicle without a license. (See Texas Penal Code 46.02 (a). However, DPS
    recommends that you seek the advice of an attorney with any questions regarding the unlicensed carrying of
    firearms.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Gotcha. For the sake of others :). In your case, an old t-shirt thrown over that would make it legal, no?
    Something witty

Links