When may a state honor my CCW?

This is a discussion on When may a state honor my CCW? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; According to handgunlaw, Wisconsin does not accept my MO CCW. I wont hold my breath for Illannoying, I can always drive around. I have no ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By archer51

Thread: When may a state honor my CCW?

According to handgunlaw, Wisconsin does not accept my MO CCW. I wont hold my breath for Illannoying, I can always drive around. I have no desire to travel to most of states I cannot carry in, but I love the state of Wisconsin. Where would I go to see when Wisconsin may or may not accept my CCW in the future?

You could pick up an Arizona permit. It's relatively cheap compared to most.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with AOKP ROM on Tapatalk.

VIP Member
    Get a Utah or Florida non resident and you're set.

VIP Member
    To answer your question, there is no way of telling when or if WI will ever recognize MO permit. There is actually 2 different categories, 1 is recognition the other is reciprocity. Recognition simply involves WI saying they will recognize a MO carry permit. Reciprocity involves the 2 states signing a written agreement to recognize the other states permit. While I doubt it will get you an answer, you could call the MO AG office and inquire as to whether they are working on an agreement with WI.
    NC Bullseye likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I guess you could open-carry, maybe? Not in a vehicle, though. Strange laws.
    ...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure.

Captain Bellamy

What is the extent, if any, of the background check that MO does before issuing a carry permit?

WI requires comparable checks

Wis. Admin. code s. Jus 17.13, under which DOJ will maintain on this website a list of all states that DOJ has found to conduct background checks comparable to Wisconsin’s. In developing that list, DOJ determined that a background check is comparable to Wisconsin’s only if it includes both a criminal history record search and a NICS search. It is necessary to require inclusion of NICS because that database includes some data related to potential disqualifying conditions that is not included in other national background check databases or in databases operated by individual states.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    To answer your question, there is no way of telling when or if WI will ever recognize MO permit. There is actually 2 different categories, 1 is recognition the other is reciprocity. Recognition simply involves WI saying they will recognize a MO carry permit. Reciprocity involves the 2 states signing a written agreement to recognize the other states permit. While I doubt it will get you an answer, you could call the MO AG office and inquire as to whether they are working on an agreement with WI.
    Once again, archer has saved me from typing out a response.

This is the best way to accomplish what you asked.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

Sponsored Links