Rob Pincus on Empty Chamber Carry

This is a discussion on Rob Pincus on Empty Chamber Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Empty Chamber Carry - PDN Videos Mods if this is a dup thread please link or delete!...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Rob Pincus on Empty Chamber Carry

  1. #1
    Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,322

    Rob Pincus on Empty Chamber Carry

    Empty Chamber Carry - PDN Videos

    Mods if this is a dup thread please link or delete!
    Christopher67 likes this.


    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

    If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    VIP Member Array Jetfuelrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cape Coral Florida
    Posts
    2,167
    I cant say I disagree with this video, I never understood carrying with an empty chamber.
    USM1976 likes this.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

  4. #3
    VIP Member
    Array PEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,525
    Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    Empty Chamber Carry - PDN Videos

    Mods if this is a dup thread please link or delete!

    The time from 2:00 - 2:15 provides all the reason not to carry on an empty chamber.

    maxwell97 and Freedom Doc like this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

  5. #4
    Member Array DonPablo_VA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    170
    In afghanistan its condition amber while on most bases. Magazine in empty chamber. While i maintained my m4 in that status my sidearm m11 was always red and ready to go. For me there is no practical reason for my personal weapons to ever be anything other than ready to fire
    GSDSchutzhund likes this.

  6. #5
    VIP Member Array maxwell97's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,987
    Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    The time from 2:00 - 2:15 provides all the reason not to carry on an empty chamber.

    Not that a loaded chamber would have helped much, but point taken.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

  7. #6
    Member Array ladman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfuelrm View Post
    I cant say I disagree with this video, I never understood carrying with an empty chamber.
    ^
    +1
    Glock 22, Glock 23, Glock 32, S&W SD9VE, Kahr CM9, Del Ton Echo 316 AR15.

  8. #7
    Member Array tele_pathic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    southern Utah
    Posts
    314
    When I got my cfp in March, I planned to carry with an empty chamber for a year just to gauge my ability to carry safely. Well, it's been three months, and I now carry with one the chamber. I feel safer should a defensive situation arise, and in three my trigger discipline is strong enough to warrant carrying a chambered round.

  9. #8
    Senior Member Array USM1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    873
    I'll say what I stated in another thread about chambered or unchambered handguns...ask any police officer how they carry their handguns...hot or a paper weight. The shooter in the video touched on it briefly at the end of the video when he said regardless of what his weak side was doing, he could still draw and fire if necessary....common sense.

  10. #9
    Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    1,401
    Quote Originally Posted by tele_pathic View Post
    When I got my cfp in March, I planned to carry with an empty chamber for a year just to gauge my ability to carry safely...
    Good for you for formulating a plan for graduated preparedness to match your proficiency. Double bonus for going after that experience. Comfort does not equal complacency.

    ^^this^^ is the only logical reason to carry an empty chamber; as a step toward eventually carrying condition 1.

  11. #10
    Senior Member Array Smarshe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville
    Posts
    529
    And the choir says.....
    jfnixon likes this.

  12. #11
    GH
    GH is offline
    VIP Member Array GH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarshe View Post
    And the choir says.....
    Amen!
    Glenn

    USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

  13. #12
    Member Array IndianaMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    72
    To each his own, but I always carried with a round chambered. If you have to draw and shoot quick you may not have time to rack the slide.
    TN_Mike and USM1976 like this.

  14. #13
    VIP Member
    Array Stoveman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    PRM
    Posts
    2,632
    Carrying without a round in the chamber is like kissin' your sister....

  15. #14
    Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,670
    Quote Originally Posted by DonPablo_VA View Post
    In afghanistan its condition amber while on most bases. Magazine in empty chamber. While i maintained my m4 in that status my sidearm m11 was always red and ready to go. For me there is no practical reason for my personal weapons to ever be anything other than ready to fire
    "Condition red", I like that. ;-)

    Considering an average man can cover 21' in 1.5 seconds, a'la Tueller drill, I'll carry in condition red - thank you very much. A man can stab you during the time it takes you to charge your weapon. There's no need to have any unnecessary barriers in place. Its your choice and its your life - do what your conscience will bear.

  16. #15
    VIP Member Array ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26,004
    Quote Originally Posted by DonPablo_VA View Post
    In afghanistan its condition amber while on most bases. Magazine in empty chamber.
    On a base, I can see that.

    But in the field, I can't imagine that condition makes a person safer, as attack can come from any direction without notice. And with respect to SD, we are in "the field."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

rob pincus carry gun

,

rob pincus ccw

,

why not carry with an empty chamber

Click on a term to search for related topics.