MA Class A purchasing question

This is a discussion on MA Class A purchasing question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have applied for a class A license in MA, I have a residence in MA however I have a NY drivers license and want ...

Thread: MA Class A purchasing question

MA Class A purchasing question

I have applied for a class A license in MA, I have a residence in MA however I have a NY drivers license and want to keep it that way. My chief of police had no problem giving me the license but that begs the question will i be able to purchase firearms and ammo with a full Class A license without a MA drivers license?

Anybody know anything about this?

It seems weird to me that if you're residing in MA why would you want a NY drivers license? Where's the benefit of an out of state license? I'm thinking you must work in NY right?
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

NYPD wants in-staters and they focus on specific counties.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    If this is a RESIDENT MA LTC, with a MA address on it, yes you will be able to buy the few handguns approved by EOPS and meet the AG Regs.

If a NR LTC, you legally will not be able to buy anything in MA (no ammo and no guns), but you can possess them.
    NRA Instructor

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    Is a it even legal for a MA "resident" to have a NY DL? That sounds like the bigger issue.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Is a it even legal for a MA "resident" to have a NY DL? That sounds like the bigger issue.
    Although I try to stay away from non-firearms MGLs and since I no longer work for a PD, I usually ignore C. 90 (MV) issues as it affects others, but the easy answer is no, it is not legal.

MGL requires EVERYONE to get a MA DL if they spend a TOTAL of >30 days in MA (even if for work) as I last read the law some years ago. Before the Feds mandated "1 DL only", I knew snowbirds that held both a MA and FL DL and car registrations (next door neighbor for a time had 2 sets of plates on her car, both visible). Now I'm not sure what folks do, nor do I care.

It's just that in MA, unlike Free America, the LTC is the only ID needed to make a gun (or ammo) purchase. I only know of one MA Dealer who insists on taking a photocopy of your DL in addtion to the LTC, but he's also a rat who reports all sort of things to the MA AG so he's nobody that a thinking person would want to deal with.
    NRA Instructor

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links