Ranges - N Denver Metro area

This is a discussion on Ranges - N Denver Metro area within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for a range in the Northern Denver Metro Area. I just don't seem to be able to find anyplace to practice that is not ...

Looking for a range in the Northern Denver Metro Area. I just don't seem to be able to find anyplace to practice that is not 1/2 a days drive away. All of the controlled ranges within reach are "cold" ranges and seem to frown on holster use on the range. Unfortunately all of the clubs that I have been able to find are also a bit of a distance for me and they also seem to be "cold" ranges, not to mention the membership fees being a bit higher than i want to pay. I did hear about one place up on Left Hand Canyon Dr., north of Boulder, but then heard that it was shut down and posted for no shooting because of the 4x4 trails that run by it.

Any tips would be appreciated.
    I also have rifles to shoot in same trip.

Thanks again......

Not from the area but this might help

www.wheretoshoot.org
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    You have probably checked on it already, but we always saw people shooting off of the right side of I-70 at the foot of the mountians heading West out of Denver. Just a thought. And it has been a couple of years.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    I had the chance to shoot at "The Firing Line"which is on Potomac Street right off of I-225 and Alameda. Nice indoor range, excellent selection of pistols, revolvers, you name it and decent sales staff. Shot there twice will on vacation this fall. I'm not too familiar with Denver and I think this is actually in Aurora but it may be the area your asking about.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    All organized ranges I'm awar of are cold ranges. They have to pay liability insurance and rightfully fear lawsuits.

Rumors about closing Left Hand have been bouncing around for quite a while. Last I heard it was open, but I don't shoot at unsupervised ranges. I hate unsupervised ranges because of the idiots you find there.

Cherry Creek State Park and The Firing Line are the two I've been to in Denver. Rocky Mountain Shooter's Supply in Ft Collins is nice and I shoot defensive pistol monthly at Northern Colorado Rod & Gun Club:

http://www.ncrgc.org/

Also, there is a club up I-70 at Clear Creek. I've shot IDPA there a few times:

http://www.coloradoshooting.org/fridpa.htm
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

There is the Silver Bullet in the NW area. I am a member there but don't shoot there too much.

Silver Bullet Shooting Range
    5901 W 38th Ave, Wheat Ridge, CO 80212
    Phone: (720) 898-0267

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    I travel to Denver two or three times a year on business. I've been to few ranges.

The Silver Bullet and the Shootist are pretty good ones. The Shootist is my favorite...it may be a bit too far South for you (Englewood), but they are friendly, have reasonably priced practice ammo, and allow rapid fire.

I don't know how they stand on drawing....probably frown on it.

Great place to shoot if you're visiting from out of town.

Clear Creek County

Clear Creek County Sportsmans Club (www.cccsclub.com) is located in Dumont (mm 235 on I-70). I don't know much about the club except that they have about 7 ranges, including at least 2 for high powered rifle. I don't go their that often, usually because its packed on weekends during the summer.

I don't know how they stand on drawing....probably frown on it.
    I shoot there a lot and they are pretty easy, especially if there are very few there and they are comfortable with your previous skills. Last time I was there I was shooting from 'under' the shelf :)

Links