CC confirmation

CC confirmation

This is a discussion on CC confirmation within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last weekend, my oldest daughter graduated high school, so needless to say, we had a lot of family come in for the festivities. My father, ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By txron
  • 1 Post By archer51

Thread: CC confirmation

CC confirmation

Last weekend, my oldest daughter graduated high school, so needless to say, we had a lot of family come in for the festivities. My father, brother, my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law. I carry all the time, including at home. I use the super tuck IWB with shorts and a t-shirt tucked all the time. I was with my family all day for over 4 days and no one noticed I was carrying. I have been carrying for over 3 yrs, but in public I always wonder if I am printing, showing, etc. It was good to know that I carried in front of my extended family for 4 straight days and no one noticed.

The weekend gave me greater confidance that if my extended family did not know, then the random person on the street definately would not know.
    SiVisPacem likes this.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Sounds like exactly the way it should be. Carry safe, carry often (which you seem to do already), and carry on.
    Now it is 1984
    Knock-knock at your front door
    It's the suede/denim secret police
    They have come for your uncool niece

Senior Member Array XD40SCiinNC's Avatar
    The average person we see when out in public pays very little attention to others unless there is something unusual about their dress or actions. People are not 'scanning' us to see if we are armed, and today with a multitude of things hanging from our belt, from phones, sometimes multiple, insulin pumps, being carried, a printing gun will not be recognized by most.

Yesterday was a rainy miserable day, so I just put on my OWB, un-tucked t-shirt and Gor-tex rain jacket to run errands. Before I came out of my first stop, the weather turned great, the sun came out, and my raincoat was way too hot. Took the raincoat off, left it in the car and went on with my errands. Gun was covered by my shirt, but printing was obvious, and I don't think a single person noticed.

As a 60 something male, with a belt 4" larger than it should be, I'm not concerned with being 'checked out'.

Even since I started carrying, I'm not scanning for others carrying. SA requires watching their face and eyes and their hands, and their actions, not their bulges. I don't think any bg has invested in a concealment holster.

My only bad habit is the shirt pull... but I have done long before i started carrying. As far as printing goes, I dont always wear the perfect shirt, but no one has ever noticed, and frankly, IDC if they do. The worst anyone can do in Indiana is ask me to leave, to which I will courteously comply, and never return.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I'll never forget the family get together when we all started talking about guns etc... It was that moment when we all pulled out our CC guns. No one ever knew the others carried etc... up to that moment. Now we all know and always ask what new gun they have with them this family reunion. It was a great moment when I realized that the gun trait was strong in my family. You don't want to be a BG around our family gatherings.

VIP Member
    Actually they all noticed, just didn't know how to broach the subject of your medical problem to you. When you weren't around they were wondering when you started wearing a colostomy bag.

J/K....Most people are so wrapped up in their own little worlds they don't really notice what is going on around them.
    XD40SCiinNC likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Links