Would you intervene?

Would you intervene?

This is a discussion on Would you intervene? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 16th st Bart man gone crazy - YouTube Would you intervene, even use deadly force? The obviously high or disturbed man was assaulting ladies among ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Would you intervene?

Would you intervene?

16th st Bart man gone crazy - YouTube

Would you intervene, even use deadly force?
    The obviously high or disturbed man was assaulting ladies among other passengers and the police were no where to be found.

I'm not sure I would have. As painful as it was to watch the young ladies, I think I would have walked back upstairs and left. The ramifications are just too severe. I would have let the police handle this one and go about the rest of my life.

However, if he attacked me personally or one of my traveling companions all bets are off.

Throat chop, kick to the nads would settle him down...Let the cops clean the mess....
    ErnieNWillis likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    One of my best friends was assaulted, disarmed and murdered with his own gun by a drug-crazed naked man. Yes, I would have intervened.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

A naked guy assualting women... after his first phyical assualt he proved he was a serious threat tp the safety of others, its amazing what a pistol whipping can due. In this situation, every person that DID NOT intervene is as guilty as the BG is. There were plenty of people to overpower him and take him down. Failure to act can be as bad as the agressive actions. What if he grabbed a someone and threw them down the escalators and they died, all because someone was to fearful to put a stop to it. I do not live like a sheep, and hope others fix all the problems i encounter
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by rigel42 View Post
    16th st Bart man gone crazy - YouTube

Would you intervene, even use deadly force?
    The obviously high or disturbed man was assaulting ladies among other passengers and the police were no where to be found.

I'm not sure I would have. As painful as it was to watch the young ladies, I think I would have walked back upstairs and left. The ramifications are just too severe. I would have let the police handle this one and go about the rest of my life.

However, if he attacked me personally or one of my traveling companions all bets are off.
    Not to start an argument with you as I can easily understand your attitude of "Protect me and mine" And would one seriously wanna put their lives in the hands of a jury and, sometimes, corrupt legal system?

But my question is where does one see the line of they (the victim) arent worth standing up for or defending? What makes their life less important than yours?

Just food for thought. Personally, myself, having been ladies who couldnt defend themselves, I would have stepped in most likely. But definitely not firearm first.
    BadgerJ and tcox4freedom like this.

I would have stepped in and tried to tackle him. It's something a non armed citizen would do. If it escalated and my life was threatened, despite all non lethal attempts to keep him pinned, I'd shoot.
    GSDSchutzhund likes this.

LOL......Was he assaulting with a "deadly weapon"? He appeared to be on something, but at that time deadly force would only have escalated the assaults. Over reaction from the bystanders actually made him enjoy it more. Let the cops handle it, but keep aware and make sure it doesn't escalate to a deadly situation.

PS....I am sure if you presented a gun to him he wouldn't have stopped anything and actually would have become more aggressive. He would not have stopped until you shot and killed him. Since he wasn't threatening anyone's life, then deadly force is not warranted.

Intervened......probably but not using deadly force.
    BadgerJ likes this.
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Would I intervene?

Yes.
    Snub44 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Perfect situation for pepper spray or stun gun...but yes, something should have been done..not necessary for any gun play as I see the vid....this man could have been taken down in a number of different ways.
    9MMare and ironmike86 like this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

That hair looks like a couple of handfuls of leverage to me.
    bigsky109 and Taurahe like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Which hair. ..J/king I had to
    Taurahe and BkCo1 like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Looks like the only "handle" that one would want to grab.....The other handle I would steer clear of. LOL
    Phaedrus likes this.
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsky109 View Post
    LOL......Was he assaulting with a "deadly weapon"? He appeared to be on something, but at that time deadly force would only have escalated the assaults. Over reaction from the bystanders actually made him enjoy it more. Let the cops handle it, but keep aware and make sure it doesn't escalate to a deadly situation.

PS....I am sure if you presented a gun to him he wouldn't have stopped anything and actually would have become more aggressive. He would not have stopped until you shot and killed him. Since he wasn't threatening anyone's life, then deadly force is not warranted.
    Moses Trotter: Blood-soaked naked man breaks into two homes and kills elderly woman | Mail Online
    Naked man goes on stabbing rampage, killing one and wounding four in Washington Heights - NY Daily News
    Witness: Woman Working At Inn Brutally Murdered By Naked Man « CBS Sacramento

Here is the one where the victim was a good friend of mine:
    STATE v. MATTHEWS, No.?54988-0-I., May 22, 2006 - WA Court of Appeals | FindLaw

I would not "present a gun to him", but would immediately shoot to stop him.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

LOL you guys are bad.

Actually, I'm glad that they pointed out the fact that this was at a BART station. (Bay Area Rapid Transit) Because otherwise, it just looks like your every day voting poll down there. At first glance it looks like just another happy voter.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I would intervene. He was attacking people and needed to be stopped im sure me and that security could have held him down till police arrived.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links