Response to your 5 points...
1. It is too dangerous something could go wrong.
You need to practice with the gun and follow proper safety procedures so you don't have an accident. Risk is a tradeoff, and the risk of not having the gun is greater than the risk of having it.
2. You never been robbed or attacked, you risk the clerk hollering, “He has a gun”. Then what? You could go from law abiding to a felon…
If your gun is concealed the clerk can't see it. And a nervous clerk seeing your holstered gun wouldn't make you a felon - you haven't broken any law and only a court can make you a felon.
3. There are many incidents where people have been robbed or killed even when carrying. The element of surprise was in the criminals favor
Carrying is not an invisible protective shield. You have to be very alert and spot the trouble coming. And the criminal won't have all the surpirse on his side, as he doesn't know yet you are carrying, giving you some potential surprise also.
4. We just had a wonderful Deputy in Ft. Lauderdale lose is life and his back up wounded, after a routine traffic stop, and according to all reports the deputy followed procedure, except that he was not wearing his bullet proof vest. Regardless of that the point, those poor souls never had a chance to un-holster their weapon to fight back. The BG came out firing…..
Not relevant. You are not a cop and nobody will attack you because of a uniform or fear of arrest. Cops have special risks to face because of this.
5. The little voice says? Don’t Carry
Ignore little voices and use your reasoning ability.
Those Voices Are Important...
they are speaking about your lack of self-confidence.
Get into some classes...good advice...
Practice a lot...
Is a gun dangerous...why, of course...if it wasn't, I wouldn't carry one!
1.) Robbed by a merciless thug who means you much harm, and you have no weapon = dead!
2.) Robbed by a merciless thug who means you much harm, and you do have a weapon (you've trained with...) = not dead, hopefully...!
Sorry, I can only provide a guarentee with #1...
With all due respect, don't carry a weapon unless your confidence meter goes into the 'ready...willing...& able' zone!