Ccw iwb

Ccw iwb

This is a discussion on Ccw iwb within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Am looking to purchase a Glock 26 for IWB carry and a Kahr CM9 for pocket carry. Any thoughts on these weapons as far as ...

Thread: Ccw iwb

Ccw iwb

Am looking to purchase a Glock 26 for IWB carry and a Kahr CM9 for pocket carry. Any thoughts on these weapons as far as reliability, etc...

The CM9 was a little too big for me to pocket carry comfortably, but you may love it. I know a guy that pocket carries a G27. Everything is possible when equipped properly. Glocks are good. Few will argue that. I would ask a lot of people about Gen 3/Gen 4 Glocks to determine which one you want. The Gen 4 is more user friendly, IMO, but the recoil spring design is different, and some are suffering failures (supposedly) due to that. I've only owned 1 Glock with the old design, and didn't put many rounds through it, so I can't speak much about my experience. I can say that I've got about 800 rounds with a 36, and have had 3 failures, and I've got 119 rounds through a 29, and have had 1 failure. I bought both guns new. Maybe the spring, maybe not. Everyone will tell you here, to go feel, hold, and try. I would avoid big box stores, and try and find a backwoods gun store. Get to know the clerks, ask them your questions. Good luck!
    Something witty

G26 is one of the best carry guns you can find. G19 is even more popular.

I have the G26 and like it a bunch. Have run over 1K rounds through it with 5-6 different types of ammo. Zero failures of any kind. I had the Kahr CM-9 and it was also reliable. I traided it in because I have large hands and the trigger guard was just too small for my fingers.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    To bad the glock 26 does not work as a pocket pistol for many, the g19 would make a good iwb choice. Your only looking at a 1/2" of barrel difference between the two. Also do you want two handguns with so very different grip angles and triggers for carry?? The natural way you hold one will not work well for the other if you find your self in a high stress moment . Maybe a cm9 if your going to pocket carry and a cw9 or tp9 for iwb . All will work in the same holster and all can be or will soon be avalible in 40 and 45ap. All are reliable for me. Small heavier recoiling pistols tend to have more issues with ammo and shooter than the pistols design. Not many handguns lines have both a pocket sized pistol and a compact and full size line to pick all with in one line of pistols.

Be sure to try a cm9 in your pocket before investing in it. Not eveyone can pocket them well. They do tend to look like a thicker wallet in a pocket with a holster. i do pocket a cm9 as my primary go to for CC but have a cw9 that hides very well and a larger tp series kahr. I will not mix handguns makes and styles for CC.

...as far as "etc..." I'll submit that if you're carrying IWB, the difference between concealing the 26 and the 19's not that much, and the 19 will be easier to shoot accurately...if I were to buy ANY Glock, the 19 would be it...and, with a pocket pistol/BUG already chosen, seems good to go to a larger primary...
    Quote Originally Posted by tmise View Post
    Am looking to purchase a Glock 26 for IWB carry and a Kahr CM9 for pocket carry. Any thoughts on these weapons as far as reliability, etc...
    ...as far as reliability, I would not carry the Kahr...they're an awesome idea but have issues primarily with mags that have not been resolved and have continued to be complained about here and other places...I'd go J frame .38 for pocket...but I'm an opinionated old fart and nobody listens to me...

I have a CM9 and carry it both in a pocket (depending on what I'm wearing) or IWB. The only problem I've ever had was with a specific type of ammo called Federal Hi Shok (not the Hydra Shok). I had 7 failure to feed in 2 six round mags. Otherwise it's taken everything I put through it, probably 600 rounds at this point. I understand a lot of subcompact 9s can be finicky that way, so just make sure you test anything you plan to carry.

Sponsored Links