Anone know the current REAL wait time for FL CCW?

This is a discussion on Anone know the current REAL wait time for FL CCW? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am headed down this weekend to spend some time with my dad for a while. I called and have an appointment for next Thursday ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anone know the current REAL wait time for FL CCW?

Anone know the current REAL wait time for FL CCW?

I am headed down this weekend to spend some time with my dad for a while. I called and have an appointment for next Thursday afternoon for the application and printing.

Anyone know how long it takes there and now log it takes for approve/deny results?

And do they mail the permit or require an in-person pickup?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiesden View Post
    I am headed down this weekend to spend some time with my dad for a while. I called and have an appointment for next Thursday afternoon for the application and printing.

Anyone know how long it takes there and now log it takes for approve/deny results?

And do they mail the permit or require an in-person pickup?
    62 Calendar days from post office delivery to issued and in my mail box.

Print an application off their website. Got get fingerprints and filloit application with notoriety and send off with payment. Easy peasy.

VIP Member
    Not exactly....

Some sort of training course with live fire qualifying. Similiar to NRA Basic Pistol Course.

Application completed, fingerprints, passport type photo, copy of your DL, everything notarized and send off with payment.

Mine took a little over 60 days. They will mail it to you.

It's hard to say for sure. My wife and I both sent our applications in on the same day in Mid-March. My permit was issued on 5/16. She is still waiting on hers.

I've heard that it was quicker if you went in person but for a while the wait to get an appointment was close to three months.
    How long ago did you make the appointment?

Sorry to say but it varies from person to person for some reason. But unless it is faster now than a couple of months ago it can take up to 90 days. Some get it a bit quicker some not so much.

Filling out application covers the training. Is is one of the question and says send copy of proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    Not exactly....

Some sort of training course with live fire qualifying. Similiar to NRA Basic Pistol Course.

Application completed, fingerprints, passport type photo, copy of your DL, everything notarized and send off with payment.

Mine took a little over 60 days. They will mail it to you.
    Not a problem. I completed the NRA pistol course with live fire a couple months ago. The office said they would take the photo and fingerprints there.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    It's hard to say for sure. My wife and I both sent our applications in on the same day in Mid-March. My permit was issued on 5/16. She is still waiting on hers.

I've heard that it was quicker if you went in person but for a while the wait to get an appointment was close to three months.
    How long ago did you make the appointment?
    Um..lesee, its 19:32 so almost exactly 4 hours ago ;)

I called them about 15:30 from work. Asked if I could get an appointment next week. She said morning or afternoon. I said afternoon. She said how about Monday. I said how about later in the week. She said how about 2:30 on Thursday? I said see you on Thursday.

I was curious about the delay as I need to get the FL permit so I can get the Utah one rolling. Stupid WI doesn't recognize the FL CCW but does the UT one. So I have to get 2 :(

VIP Member
    Not a problem. I completed the NRA pistol course with live fire a couple months ago. The office said they would take the photo and fingerprints there.

Um..lesee, its 19:32 so almost exactly 4 hours ago ;)

I called them about 15:30 from work. Asked if I could get an appointment next week. She said morning or afternoon. I said afternoon. She said how about Monday. I said how about later in the week. She said how about 2:30 on Thursday? I said see you on Thursday.

I was curious about the delay as I need to get the FL permit so I can get the Utah one rolling. Stupid WI doesn't recognize the FL CCW but does the UT one. So I have to get 2 :(

I don't follow you here. Why do you need a FL before you get UT? If you have a WI permit that (and the 4 hour class, fingerprints, etc...) are all you need for UT. If you don't have a WI permit then you have to get that before you can get a UT permit.

I live in a "May Issue" state that is so Effed up that Utah says don't bother with trying to get your permit from your home state first, we feel sorry for your dumb butt...

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    I don't follow you here. Why do you need a FL before you get UT? If you have a WI permit that (and the 4 hour class, fingerprints, etc...) are all you need for UT. If you don't have a WI permit then you have to get that before you can get a UT permit.

I live in a "May Issue" state that is so Effed up that Utah says don't bother with trying to get your permit from your home state first, we feel sorry for your dumb butt...
    I don't have a WI permit. Can't get one. They do not issue to out of state residents...yet. Since my ID/DL is from FL I can't get one in WI. My DL/ID is Florida, hence the need to the the FL CCW first (home state first) then get UT which covers WI. With the FL and UT combo, I am covered for every state I intend to go in or give a crap about ever going in. Except for IL. ANd thats only when driving through, I never actually stop there.

Yep. I can relate. I have WI, UT should be arriving soon (65 days since app fee cashed). Since FL doesn't recognize non-resident UT permits and FL doesn't recognize WI, I will need to get a non-res FL as well. My father is moving down to FL this fall and I will likely be traveling there more than in the past.

Just have to get my NRA Pistol class in first.
    Wolfiesden likes this.

For both the wife and I filing from the Agricultural office with the electronic print took about 8 day for the permit to arrive in the mail.

Less than two weeks after the in-office appointment. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by southernwi View Post
    Yep. I can relate. I have WI, UT should be arriving soon (65 days since app fee cashed). Since FL doesn't recognize non-resident UT permits and FL doesn't recognize WI, I will need to get a non-res FL as well. My father is moving down to FL this fall and I will likely be traveling there more than in the past.

Just have to get my NRA Pistol class in first.
    Our cases here are the exact reason there really should be a national CCW just like a DL. Uniform requirements, uniformly accepted across all states. One and done.

I have a residence here in WI and one in FL. I have had a FL ID/DL since I was 16 and its my "home". I still have the house I grew up in down in FL. As soon as I can convince the mother of my granddaughters to get the hell out of WI, I would love to pick up and be 100% Florida again.

Curious, where (about) did your dad move to? I grew up and my dad still lives in Ft Walton Beach (panhandle).

Wow! A heck of a variance here...from 8 days to 90+. Good grief. I suppose the backlog ebbs and flows like the tide. Not too much panic right now so I am hoping its closer to 8 than 90 ;) Doesn't matter right now though, still saving and shopping for my Sig. Gotta find just the right one.

the thing that holds up your application is usually the fingerprints. By all means do the electronic fingerprinting which you can have done at most police or sheriff departments.
    I helped a coworker fill out her app a couple of months ago and she did the electronic prints and got hers in about three weeks.
    Wolfiesden likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    the thing that holds up your application is usually the fingerprints. By all means do the electronic fingerprinting which you can have done at most police or sheriff departments.
    I helped a coworker fill out her app a couple of months ago and she did the electronic prints and got hers in about three weeks.
    They do the printing right there at the office where you fill out the permit, according to the lady on the phone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links