Have to inform homeowner of CC in AR

This is a discussion on Have to inform homeowner of CC in AR within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Noticed on handgunlaw.us that AR's 5-73-306 says: "(D) Any licensee entering a private home shall notify the occupant that the licensee is carrying a concealed ...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: Have to inform homeowner of CC in AR

Exclamation Have to inform homeowner of CC in AR

Noticed on handgunlaw.us that AR's 5-73-306 says:

"(D) Any licensee entering a private home shall notify the occupant that the licensee is carrying a concealed handgun."

Was very surprised by this! How many other states have similar laws that you all know of?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by perfection View Post

"(D) Any licensee entering a private home shall notify the occupant that the licensee is carrying a concealed handgun."

Was very surprised by this! How many other states have similar laws that you all know of?
    Wouldn't this be better served as a question in the CC forum?

Senior Moderator
    Wouldn't this be better served as a question in the CC forum?
    I think so, that's why I moved it.

And yes its true, you are supposed to inform in Arkansas.

On the other hand, everyone that I associate with is already armed. If you don't have one, they'll offer you one for the duration of the visit.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I think SC has a similar requirement.

Bummer. Way to open a can of worms....or just leave it in your car I guess.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by perfection View Post

I know of no other states, guess I won't enter anyone's home while I'm in Arkansas.... where I go a lot.

Here, there are no provisions for prohibiting carrying a gun in anyone's home...... they can ask them to leave, and if they don't .... call police and have them arrested for trespassing, but they wouldn't violate any CC or other guns laws at all.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    I think SC has a similar requirement.

Bummer. Way to open a can of worms....or just leave it in your car I guess.
    For SC:

SECTION 23-31-225. Carrying concealed weapons into residences or dwellings.

No person who holds a permit issued pursuant to Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23 may carry a concealable weapon into the residence or dwelling place of another person without the express permission of the owner or person in legal control or possession, as appropriate. A person who violates this provision is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, must be fined not less than one thousand dollars or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both, at the discretion of the court and have his permit revoked for five years.

Pretty stiff penalty if one were to violate this and the person chose to really take things to that level...
    Warrior23 likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I wouldn't have expected this from what I thought were gun friendly states.

Yeah, it's really a non issue for me. Nearly everybody I know either carries, hunts, and/or has no problem with trusted friends being armed in their residence. In fact, I can't even remember the last time I was in the home of somebody who wasn't pro-2A and okay with people being armed in their home.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

It would be extremely rude to enter armed into another's home without permission anyway.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Darn, and here I had hoped to maybe someday visit somebody in AR.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    It would be extremely rude to enter armed into another's home without permission anyway.
    Why?
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

VIP Member
    Louisiana private property......businesses and residences. Businesses can post a sign, residences must give consent. I don't see businesses posted very often here; any home I visit knows that I carry, they don't care. Granted I wish that language didn't exist, however it hasn't really hindered me.

The provisions of R.S. 40:1379.3 (N) shall not limit the right of a property owner, lessee, or other lawful custodian to prohibit or restrict access of those persons possessing a concealed handgun pursuant to a permit issued under this Section. No individual to whom a concealed handgun permit is issued may carry such concealed handgun into the private residence of another without first receiving the consent of that person.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Darn, and here I had hoped to maybe someday visit somebody in AR.
    I would love to visit Kurt Saxons' Mad Laboratory....
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    I knew SC had it in their laws, but was not aware that AR also had it in their laws. I guess I'm safe, since I haven't been to SC in probably 10 years and know no one in AR.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Given that a person's home is his castle, why shouldn't that person have the right to have dominion over what goes on in his home, what is brought into his home, who comes into his home, etc? I don't see how this law infringes on anyone's rights. You don't have a right to carry in my home. In most states, there's some type of castle doctrine law that allows a person to defend his home and the people in it from harm. So, would it be okay to say you can use deadly force to defend your home, but you can't control if people bring in a concealed weapon, other than asking everyone you invite in if they're carrying, and then having to refuse them entrance if they say yes (assuming the home owner doesn't "like" guns).

IMHO, the burden should be on the weapon carrier, not on the home owner.
    gtfoxy and Xader like this.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Links