Late night bargains!

This is a discussion on Late night bargains! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well its Friday night and about 10:30 or so the wife says lets go shopping, so off we go to Wal-Mart. As soon as we ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Late night bargains!

Late night bargains!

Well its Friday night and about 10:30 or so the wife says lets go shopping, so off we go to Wal-Mart. As soon as we get there I head to the sporting goods area with wife in tow. Darn no ammo in the cases except some 30-06 and 270 . Just then a pallet is carted to the area and a nice lady asks if we need anything? Well I don't suppose you have any ammo do you? Well let me check the pallet sir? About this time my wife is getting antsy and wants to leave so she can shop. Less than a minute later the clerk says all I have are 9mm? I look and its Winchester white box FMJ 100rd value pack...Yes!! I ask her if my wife can also get 3 boxes as that's the max you can buy each day. Sure she says, but your wife has to get them, I tell her to hold 6 boxes and I'll find her and be right back! Found wife and we left with 600 rds. !! Each box was less than 25.00, I like shopping at night!

2. Remove Ads

Grats. Nice haul. I haven't seen 9mm in Walmart since last fall. If things don't turn around soon I will have to curtail training either late summer or fall. Not looking forward to that.
    "Only the Sith deal in absolutes."

"My dog is smarter than your honor student."

VIP Member
    You didn't hang around until midnight so it would be another day and you could have left with 1,200 rounds? Tsk, tsk...

DamselInDefense likes this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I just left Wally World and the shelves were bare the guy working sporting goods said the best time to look for ammo is after 7pm and they get trucks in everyday.Whats on them is a bit of a crapshoot. Trucks show up around 4:30pm

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    You didn't hang around until midnight so it would be another day and you could have left with 1,200 rounds? Tsk, tsk...

That would be just plain cheeky PEF!!
    PEF likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Congrats. Our local Wally's won't sell ammo from 10pm to 6am. At 6 am there's usually a line. I work 2nd shift so I don't get a lot of sleep.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

The guy at the gun desk at ours said they don't stock it in the night. They keep it separate and put in the shelf at 7am. I don't know which days. I got lucky and picked up a couple boxes of tulammo for 11.95 each one day but usually the shelves are bare.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDeal View Post
    Well its Friday night and about 10:30 or so the wife says lets go shopping, so off we go to Wal-Mart. As soon as we get there I head to the sporting goods area with wife in tow. Darn no ammo in the cases except some 30-06 and 270 . Just then a pallet is carted to the area and a nice lady asks if we need anything? Well I don't suppose you have any ammo do you? Well let me check the pallet sir? About this time my wife is getting antsy and wants to leave so she can shop. Less than a minute later the clerk says all I have are 9mm? I look and its Winchester white box FMJ 100rd value pack...Yes!! I ask her if my wife can also get 3 boxes as that's the max you can buy each day. Sure she says, but your wife has to get them, I tell her to hold 6 boxes and I'll find her and be right back! Found wife and we left with 600 rds. !! Each box was less than 25.00, I like shopping at night!

^^^^^We all(who shoot 9mm) Hate You!!!^^^^^^^^

right about now!!!!

Right place, right time!
    I'm
    Very happy someone is scoring on the ammo, instead of the profiteers who have come to rely on being middlemen and marking up ammo and selling it online for more than its worth..
    Great find!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I think ammo is coming back. Albeit slowly, I'm seeing some more, mostly .45 & .40... But, even that was as rare as hen's teeth just a few weeks ago.

Mfgs are running full bore.. (not so clever pun, UN intended). Still no .22 but it will come.

Patience, grasshoppers.

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    GlockHawk17 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    I just left Wally World and the shelves were bare the guy working sporting goods said the best time to look for ammo is after 7pm and they get trucks in everyday.Whats on them is a bit of a crapshoot. Trucks show up around 4:30pm
    I have been told the same thing and have seen it to be accurate. The downside is that you have to go to Walmart (at all) after dark...

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    ^^^^^We all(who shoot 9mm) Hate You!!!^^^^^^^^

right about now!!!!

Right place, right time!
    I'm
    Very happy someone is scoring on the ammo, instead of the profiteers who have come to rely on being middlemen and marking up ammo and selling it online for more than its worth..
    Great find!
    Problem is those guys have been selling the ammo as fast as they list it! I told myself I wont support them, let someone else pay those prices. As much as it hurts to say it I'd rather not shoot if I have to pay the prices they charge.
    glockman10mm and oneshot like this.

Man when I asked the lady at counter at Walmart if she had any 9mm she just laughed at me. Weirdly enough now there's a midget that mans the gun counter.

Distinguished Member
    Virtually all WalMart ammo must stop at the Mississippi river. Nothing west of there gets ANY ! That's plain old-fashioned Communism! Someday soon the mighty leviathans shall rise up and rid the world of the demon WalMarts. I have to go take my meds now. Have a happy day.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

...ah, the letter of the law...'tis a beautiful thing!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    That would be just plain cheeky PEF!!
    PEF likes this.

SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!! Nice way to shop and find the mother lode of ammo. Now to get my wife to shop late at nite.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links