Perplexing problem with tuckable carry options

This is a discussion on Perplexing problem with tuckable carry options within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; These IWB kydex holster like the Kingtuk or Old Faithful or others are great for wearing as a tuckable because your shirt tucks in behind ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Perplexing problem with tuckable carry options

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

These IWB kydex holster like the Kingtuk or Old Faithful or others are great for wearing as a tuckable because your shirt tucks in behind the belt clips which is great....love it....

Now what do I do with my double mag holder which is not tuckable?

So if I tuck my weapon but can't tuck my mags...am I concealed? Duh !!!!

I'll need to spend the night at a Holiday Inn Express and figure this out.....
    Jaggyd33 likes this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    you get a tuckable mag holder. FoxX makes some. Otherwise, find an alternative location for your mags. Sometimes with my Nano, I just carry a spare mag in my weak side front pocket (loose fitting cargo shorts)
    TN_Mike likes this.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Not that great idea to carry a second mag in a pocket. Lint, foreign matter can foul it. You forget and put keys, coins in pocket. Orientation isn't reliable. For third or reload mag it's probably OK. Look at a Kytex magazine KYTEX Shooting Gear | Shooting Accessories for Competition, Carry & Duty, it's the slimmest mag holder I've seen and can be worn unobtrusively with a loose cover shirt. I don't think having visible 'gear', mags is violating a CC rule, check your state law.
    TN_Mike likes this.

Replace your mag holder with one that has tuckable clips.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    Carry them in one of those fancy schmancy dolled up leather carriers with a snap cover.

I saw somewhere that a guy carried one in an unused cell phone pouch.
    dben002 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    Carry them in one of those fancy schmancy dolled up leather carriers with a snap cover.

I saw somewhere that a guy carried one in an unused cell phone pouch.
    You know I was thinking about that very thing.........would be the perfect cover....I used to carry a LCP in a cell phone case.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    You should be able to find either a tuckable mag pouch or one that doesn't look as obvious. I use a Safariland horizontal mag pouch and it isn't obvious to others what it is. Could be a flashlight, utility knife/tool, or something else. You could also switch to a single magazine and get a pocket mag carrier to make sure lint and other debris doesn't get inside.

Or.. you could just use one of these and no one would know the difference

fpack.jpg
    dben002 likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Affix a small plastic character head to the bottom of the magazines and if anyone asks you can say they are Pez dispensers, and no they can't have any.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Affix a small plastic character head to the bottom of the magazines and if anyone asks you can say they are Pez dispensers, and no they can't have any.
    Now I don't care who you are....that's funny.....
    ws76133 likes this.

VIP Member
    Many of the larger cloth folding knife holsters will accommodate a double stack magazine.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Many of the larger cloth folding knife holsters will accommodate a double stack magazine.
    Yep...long time ago got a few of those fabric fold over top with velcro closures but they are single mag holders and I don't like them that much but I may have to use them when I tuck it in.

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJ View Post
    Not that great idea to carry a second mag in a pocket. Lint, foreign matter can foul it. You forget and put keys, coins in pocket. Orientation isn't reliable. For third or reload mag it's probably OK.
    I don't have an issue pocketing a spare mag. I carry my wallet in my weak side front pocket, and a magazine stands up just fine next to it with the bullets forward just like they're supposed to be.

The one thing that I do worry about is exposed lead from the hollowpoint rounds in the same place all the time, I wonder if I'm exposing myself to lead contamination.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJ View Post
    I don't think having visible 'gear', mags is violating a CC rule, check your state law.
    Also, sometimes being legal isn't the only reason to conceal...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

I ran across an interesting concealed mag holder on www.snagmag.com. It makes your mag appear like a clip on knife or something like. Thinking about ordering one to try out.
    dben002 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    You know I was thinking about that very thing.........would be the perfect cover....I used to carry a LCP in a cell phone case.
    I carry mine in a gerber holder. No ones anymore the wiser

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links