Interesting revelations at luncheon today...

This is a discussion on Interesting revelations at luncheon today... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Nine of us met for our monthly luncheon with some internet friends today. We have been doing this each month for several years with a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Interesting revelations at luncheon today...

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar

Interesting revelations at luncheon today...

Nine of us met for our monthly luncheon with some internet friends today. We have been doing this each month for several years with a core group of about 6 or 7 Mature individuals from about 50 to 75 years old. We had a couple of visitors from the Florida Keys today. One of the guys mentioned that he tried to get a Florida Concealed Weapons License and was denied because of a fingerprint issue. He is, of course resubmitting. The conversation then turned to guns...

Well, it turned out that 7 of the 9 people present were carrying (3 women and 4 men). That's a rather high percentage in my opinion. Yes, this is Florida...muggers molest old folks at their own risk.

No, my wife and I didn't share that we were carrying...I really didn't think that was relevant.
    NONAME762 and QKShooter like this.

2. Remove Ads

Prior to reading this post, if someone had asked me "What percentage of people over the age of 50 carry weapons in Florida?" I would have said 75%. Turns out it's 77.7%.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Good for them! I wonder if the 2 who weren't carrying felt sheepish...
    DamselInDefense likes this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Good for them! I wonder if the 2 who weren't carrying felt sheepish...
    Probably not. Because they know if anything happens, they can call 911 and everything will be all right.
    StevePVB and pittypat21 like this.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    As long as it took for me to get a Florida CC license I thought everyone over the age of 4 in Florida was carrying........

But really that is great to hear.....should be 9 out of 9....one day it probably will be.....
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

The 2 probably just didn't share truthfully?

You didn't share apparently.......
    tundra, 9MMare, Tzadik and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    As long as it took for me to get a Florida CC license I thought everyone over the age of 4 in Florida was carrying........

But really that is great to hear.....should be 9 out of 9....one day it probably will be.....
    If I read the Ops post correctly it was 9 out of 9.
    Bitter clinger!

There are consequences…..

Quote Originally Posted by dling View Post
    If I read the Ops post correctly it was 9 out of 9.
    I hope it wasn't 9 of 9. One guy said he was turned down for a permit, so that's at least one without. And the OP said 7 of 9.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

This has turned into a way-too-complicated word problem.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Well, they ARE your friends so that tells me they're similarly, if not out-right, like-minded like you. Sounds like you've got some pretty good lunchmates.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

So, in a situation like that, who gets to sit so their back is not to the door. I am THAT guy, but since we are almost all armed and like-minded, well ....
    -- Steven Wright
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Yeah I am here in SW Fl living in a retirement community an almost everyone I know here carrys its nice we all let each other know when we find ammo. Reallynice because I can try just about any gun, somebody here will have one of what ever you want to try. Rangectrips are a group outing no knitting clubs just throwing lead down range

Were the 2 who weren't carrying originally from New York, New Jersey or Connecticut?
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Most of my friends are retired and have like interests, fishing, guns, all carry with the exception of one, monthly breakfast get together, and all dislike Obama.
    msgt/ret and NONAME762 like this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

A Friend of mine who is slightly older than I (With no thoughts of retiring, he is self employed) Showed me his Sig 224. He bought it used (Fmr LEO gun, and had the trigger worked by a Sig certified gunsmith). It is one fine Carry weapon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links