About our CCW Permits/LTCF's

This is a discussion on About our CCW Permits/LTCF's within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I was thinking to myself about the contingencies related to our Permits/LTCF's & I completely understand the concept behind them but I do not ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 6 Post By buckeyebersa
  • 1 Post By SUPERCHEFNICK

Thread: About our CCW Permits/LTCF's

Post About our CCW Permits/LTCF's

So I was thinking to myself about the contingencies related to our Permits/LTCF's & I completely understand the concept behind them but I do not agree with them completely. The fact that they Expire & that they are not universal kinda of ticks me off , I personally believe they should be Universal in every state & that there should be no expiration for them by any means. as for the idea of these rights we have being merely privileges & not god given rights pisses me off aswell. As our government isn't corrupt enough already I wouldn't believe contacting politicians would help change anything so that's out of the question for me atleast. Hopefully one day will be free of these ridiculous laws, regulations & restrictions. Until then we will be stuck with our current legislation. -_-

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Universal? As in carrying a gun in Canada? LMAO

I can't speak for PA, but my LTC is a lifetime permit; no renewals, no additional fees.

The NRA as well as others have been trying for national reciprocity for many years; I seriously doubt it will ever happen as states are or should be sovereign.

If you are seeking fairness, a level playing field or justice; you will never realize these things. Since man walked the earth there has been and always will be the
    sinful nature; it is inescapable and remains the root cause of all things bad.

Hopefully one day will be free of these ridiculous laws, regulations & restrictions.
    No; won't happen. Can't happen. We have gone beyond the slippery slope and now paddle upstream against an avalanche of evil.

All is not lost. Sometimes the fight itself is noble.

Be happy..do what you can and then do what you must.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

As long as we continue to have "nanny-state" liberal politiicians among us, we will have folks that insist upon protecting us from those (us) who fully intend to exercise their constitutional freedoms.

My contention is that our society would be way better off with fewer of those nanny-state mind-set individuals.

VIP Member
    As long as there are states like CA, NY, MD, IL, there are going to be roadblocks put up to keep you from enjoying the freedoms that we were meant to have. It's not right, but it is a fact of life. As to lifetime permit, to my knowledge, IN is the only state that currently offers them. I believe VCDL pushed for it last legislative session, but it didn't make it out of committee. Maybe someday.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

The Concealed Permit seems to be much like a Drivers License. Mine has to be renewed every 5 years or, I don't get to drive. The Concealed Carry Permit allows me the ability to conceal my firearm. If I don't then I can just strap it on out in the open with no permit and be perfectly legal, well in West Virginia it's legal. Downside is that I will be harassed by the Police each and every time they get that "man with a gun" call.

I know that some are fuming over, "it's our right to carry however we like" and such, but since most states have a permit process, then we can't do anything about it unless our Lawmakers do like Vermont, Alaska and Arizona and do away with them and go to Constitutional Carry. That would put this whole thing to rest once and for all.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    ... unless our Lawmakers do like Vermont, Alaska and Arizona and do away with them and go to Constitutional Carry. That would put this whole thing to rest once and for all.
    That would be a day to celebrate, for sure!
    *Texas CHL* *TSRA* *NRA* *SAF* *GOA* *NSSF* Μολών Λαβέ

The Constitution should be our carry permit.

I agree with you completely. :)
    buckeyebersa likes this.

True enuf in a perfect world. Last time I checked it was far from perfect.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Links