Dog the Bounty hunter - Pro gun & Anti Bullet

This is a discussion on Dog the Bounty hunter - Pro gun & Anti Bullet within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Duane 'Dog' Chapman pro gun, but against lethal ammunition | Fox News I’m not against the gun. I’m against the bullet, the lead bullet, because ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree185Likes

Thread: Dog the Bounty hunter - Pro gun & Anti Bullet

Dog the Bounty hunter - Pro gun & Anti Bullet

Duane 'Dog' Chapman pro gun, but against lethal ammunition | Fox News

I’m not against the gun. I’m against the bullet, the lead bullet, because I’ve used non-lethal weapons for 30 years. I have had to shoot many fugitives and never killed anyone. You have the right to bear arms, which means you can protect yourself, but you don’t have the right to kill people for no reason. The lead, the bullet itself, is ridiculous.

We have made weapons that can drop an elephant in one second. I’m showing cops, homeowners, good people, you don’t have to kill anyone to get them down so you can control them. You can use a non lethal bullet, a rubber bullet and drop anybody. They’re going down, call 911, tell them if they move you’ll shoot them again, so that’s what I’m against.

Read more: Duane 'Dog' Chapman pro gun, but against lethal ammunition | Fox News
    I really do like the Dog. However here is my issue with this statement, If you don't intend to use lethal force DO NOT use a gun. I know cops, prison guards, and even bounty hunters have been very successful with non-lethal ammunition. However, they need to take charge of the situation and have received special training to accomplish that task. Non-Lethal ammunition can be very deadly, its still a projectile being propelled at a high rate of speed by gunpowder. They shouldn't be used in a self-defense scenario. I look at it like shooting to wound somebody. My opinion as a typical CHL carrier, use lead bullets with the intent to stop the threat even if that means deadly force or don't carry a gun.

2. Remove Ads

I disagree with alot of that, esp. stopping someone as effectively with rubber bullets, but watching the show, he sure has alot of non-lethal weapons I've never seen. Some are obviously designed to appeal to the scary black plastic rifle crowd but if there are smaller, concealable or purse-sized versions, I'd be interested in learning more.

Right now, I always carry pepper spray. If there's something more effective I can carry when I cant carry my firearm, I'm interested.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Dog is a felon. He is also a putz. Nuff said.

Ever notice how ALL the criminals they go after are not armed?

Show is staged
    BadgerJ, OD*, jrclen and 13 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    I disagree with alot of that, esp. stopping someone as effectively with rubber bullets, but watching the show, he sure has alot of non-lethal weapons I've never seen. Some are obviously designed to appeal to the scary black plastic rifle crowd but if there are smaller, concealable or purse-sized versions, I'd be interested in learning more.

Right now, I always carry pepper spray. If there's something more effective I can carry when I cant carry my firearm, I'm interested.
    I also carry pepper spray. I keep a can near my front door and in my glove box. I'm not anti non-lethal weapons, just non-lethal ammunition. I would only point a gun at a person for one reason.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    They use radio communications, disparity of force, surprise and ambush tactics and they go into the danger, knowing their target and they use sub-lethal methods en masse. To make that statement about regular LAC is absurd, since normally an individual can't roll on a predator like that. They have to be prepared to deal with an unknown and possibly lethal threat coming at -themselves-.

The guy is just a couple fries short of a happy meal.

Edit to addL Agree with Weeg. (Portions of the) show is staged. They're not going to allow real lethality on a TV show. They'd never get insured.

VIP Member
    I care about "Dog's" opinion about as much as I do Jim Carey's.
    Brad426, Dadsnugun, OD* and 26 others like this.

I hope people would be smart enough not to accept any lame ideas from this Jerry Springer wannabe.
    OD*, jrclen, blitzburgh and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJ View Post
    They use radio communications, disparity of force, surprise and ambush tactics and they go into the danger, knowing their target and they use sub-lethal methods en masse. To make that statement about regular LAC is absurd, since normally an individual can't roll on a predator like that. They have to be prepared to deal with an unknown and possibly lethal threat coming at -themselves-.
    All of this is a perfect example of why less-lethal (not non-lethal) ammunition works for him, but wouldn't be appropriate in many self defense scenarios.
    blitzburgh and Secret Spuk like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Voice View Post
    All of this is a perfect example of why less-lethal (not non-lethal) ammunition works for him, but wouldn't be appropriate in many self defense scenarios.

Ain't no way an assaulter is going to go into a structure of a known bad guy with a friggin paint ball gun.

Show is staged...

R
    Secret Spuk and BamaT like this.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    He uses non-lethal force to (supposedly) capture fugitives and other bad guys. He is taking the fight to them and has the element of surprise.

The 2A was meant as a means for the free people of this country to fight a tyrannical government. Those non-lethal weapons are all but useless for this scenario.

If he wants to get rid of bullets, he doesn't really support the 2nd Amendment.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

TVJ
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I care about "Dog's" opinion about as much as I do Jim Carey's.
    Agree. I'll pass on the California Meth Raisin's opinion
    Last edited by TVJ; June 18th, 2013 at 03:55 PM. Reason: spellhing mistake
    jrclen and Secret Spuk like this.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

VIP Member
    I like dogs too but I realize that they are of limited intelligence and don't have opposable thumbs, so I don't put much stock in their rationality or cognitive abilities. Plus they have no pockets so they can't pick up stuff and keep it, therefore they will never rule the world...
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    I could not care less what Dog's opinions about bullets are. He's a mullet-wearing pud knocker and his show is as about as accurate and entertaining as American Guns.

Who does he think he is? Miss Utah?

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    One the problems is the media and the spokesmen that we use. People keep talking about less-than-lethal or non-lethal, but those terms are just wrong, the correct term is "less lethal", meaning that it is less-lethal than shooting someone with standard defensive ammo. Tasers, rubber bullets, even hands on, can all kill, it is just less likely than shooting someone.
    rigel42, Secret Spuk and msgt/ret like this.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links