CCing for Week! Sig P6 & Old Faithful Holster

This is a discussion on CCing for Week! Sig P6 & Old Faithful Holster within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I've been CCing for a week now glad I made the decision to do so! I also think I found a great combination of ...

Thread: CCing for Week! Sig P6 & Old Faithful Holster

CCing for Week! Sig P6 & Old Faithful Holster

Well I've been CCing for a week now glad I made the decision to do so! I also think I found a great combination of gun and holster for myself on my student budget.

I grew up learning to shoot with my Dad's S&W 4506 (LEO), so I'm very comfortable with DA/SA. I decided I wanted a non polymer DA/SA, and the sigs I've used were by far my favorite handguns. I found the imported P6's at just the right price. They seemed to have a great reputation and were just what I was looking for. My model is 1979, it has a good amount of holster wear, but the internals look great. As soon as I got it I completely disassembled, inspected, cleaned it (it was filthy) and lubed it with lubriplate. It feels great and shoots like a laser. It does have the well known JHP feeding issue. I had 1 of 40 HST 124gr and 2 of 50 Hornady Critical Defense 115gr fail to feed. However, about 300 manual cycles and 50 rounds of golden saber 124gr and I've had no failures, so I'm fairly confident with them. I will still probably get the feed ramp modified for better JHP feeding in the near future. I'd also like to replace all of the springs and get a 24# P225 hammer spring (reduced from the 28# P6 spring).

I also picked up an Old Faithful Holsters You Mold It kit. My first attempt at molding the kydex, I melted it (350 degree oven for 8 minutes), but molded it anyway and made the holster. It looked ugly, wasn't a great mold but it still had good retention and I was itching to try it out. I found that with the kydex flanges flat (as Old Faithful recommends), there was a lot of open space in the waist band created by the leather being pulled away from my body. I got more kydex and made a second attempt (310 degree oven for 5 minutes). This time I angled the flanges so they would wrap around my body and the fit is MUCH better. I'm wearing it at 3 o'clock. The holster is great and I already gotten to the point where I don't even notice it. The concealment is great as well. My girlfriend doesn't notice, even when she is looking and has to feel to see if it's there.

All said and done, including shipping and fees, I paid about $480 for all of it. Here are some pics, including the melted kydex.

IMG_0884.jpgIMG_0876.jpgIMG_0877.jpgIMG_0878.jpgIMG_0879.jpg

2. Remove Ads

very nice, im in a love/hate relationship with SigSauer right now. hehe ive had many a misadventure with kydex as well, congrats to ya.
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

Links