Anyone ever turn one of these around for OWB use...

This is a discussion on Anyone ever turn one of these around for OWB use... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; aaakydex.jpg Just put the hooks on the back and wear it OWB.......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Anyone ever turn one of these around for OWB use...

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

Anyone ever turn one of these around for OWB use...

aaakydex.jpg

Just put the hooks on the back and wear it OWB....
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

2. Remove Ads

Maybe, but i dont think i would feel itwas secure enough, some models have belt holes in the leather for just such an option.
    thoricuncle likes this.
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOMBIEvs42 View Post
    Maybe, but i dont think i would feel itwas secure enough, some models have belt holes in the leather for just such an option.
    Well mine....the weapons fits really snug..you can turn it upside down and shake it as hard as you want to and the weapon does not slide out..(loaded)..so I thought it might work in winter for owb carry....need to give this a try I guess and see what happens....I was just thinking someone probably has already done this and was curious as to what they thought.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Well mine....the weapons fits really snug..you can turn it upside down and shake it as hard as you want to and the weapon does not slide out..(loaded)..so I thought it might work in winter for owb carry....need to give this a try I guess and see what happens....I was just thinking someone probably has already done this and was curious as to what they thought.
    O i have no doubt the weapon retention is good, i was thinking along the lines secure to your belt with just the clips holding it secure, or am i missing something?
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOMBIEvs42 View Post
    O i have no doubt the weapon retention is good, i was thinking along the lines secure to your belt with just the clips holding it secure, or am i missing something?
    No you're good...I was thinking that you were talking about the gun/kydex retention....we're good to go now.......I got it.

VIP Member
    Seems to bulky and uncomfortable to where OWB. OP, do you like the way it feels/looks?
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Quote Originally Posted by srings View Post
    Seems to bulky and uncomfortable to where OWB. OP, do you like the way it feels/looks?
    Well yes, I have no problem with the feel or looks...for winter time carry OWB no one will see it anyway..be under a coat or sweater or vest.....just thinking I could get double duty out of it rather than buying ANOTHER holster......LOL

I got this holster recently:
    new_tuckable_holster_3__22335.1334352730.1280.1280.jpg
    Deep Concealment Tuckable Holster - 7.62 Precision

It is all leather, IWB and tuckable. However, the same part that makes it tuckable makes it able to be worn OWB (the tuckable part just goes up behind the belt with the loops grabbing the belt as normal. I have worn it OWB around the house to try it out like that and it moved a little too much for my taste. Then again, I still need to enhance my collection with a better gun belt.
    sdprof likes this.

The pistol will not be held close to your body as it is when worn IWB and will print badly. It will be hard to draw because of the holster tension and being loose from the body.

VIP Member
    I wouldn't do it.

Buying holsters is too much fun...
    southernwi likes this.

Have you considered just leaving the clips as they are and running your belt through them and positioning the holster between your belt and your pants?

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Have you considered just leaving the clips as they are and running your belt through them and positioning the holster between your belt and your pants?
    Agree, this is the only way it might work. Same retention as the holster was designed. Anything else is compromising the integrity of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Honestly had not thought of doing that but sounds like a plan...I will try that and see what that does.....thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    I wouldn't do it.

Buying holsters is too much fun...
    You're right !!!! wanta have some fun ?? Buy me a holster.....

Why? Are you trying to be the only CCer without a closet full of failed holsters? Come on we need to support the holster companies with our purchase of holster after holster until we are happy, if possible.
    southernwi likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links