Totally Obilvious Concealed Carry

This is a discussion on Totally Obilvious Concealed Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; On Friday morning, me and my wife and son were in line at McDonald's to get some breakfast. We were third in line waiting to ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Totally Obilvious Concealed Carry

Totally Obilvious Concealed Carry

On Friday morning, me and my wife and son were in line at McDonald's to get some breakfast. We were third in line waiting to give our order. There was an older guy in front of us, probably 55 to 65 carrying concealed. I pointed to my wife because his pistol was printing so much under his thin t shirt. It looked like a small automatic in an owb at the 3 o clock position. My wife then took our son to play on the playground thing and I was still in line behind the guy. I whisper to him, "Hey, you're printing really badly". But he just laughed and said something that I couldn't make out. I think he was hard of hearing because he just looked straight ahead waiting to give his order. His SA was so poor, if I had been a BG, I could have easily sucker punched him and stole his weapon. I tried to make him aware but it was fruitless.
    Semper Fi til I Die

Glock 29 10mm

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    I would have laughed and mumbled too. Not knowing you personally, he didn't know if you were a mall ninja or safety nazi (or just a concerned carrier). Looking straight ahead would be my way polite of avoiding the conversation better suited to this forum.

Isn't it amazing how vulnerable we are to ambush (take advantage of concealment and the element of surprise to attack an unsuspecting enemy from concealed positions)? So what's stopping you, common sense? You have revealed why it is so easy for deranged individuals to harm a great number of people. Liberal law makers don't understand that sudden outbursts where the only intent is to create violence is nearly unstoppable, but it is containable.

So yes, you didn't look like a threat, and you were treated that way. Yes, he was printing to someone who knew what to look for. It looks like he politely wanted to mind his own business.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofhearted View Post
    On Friday morning, me and my wife and son were in line at McDonald's to get some breakfast. We were third in line waiting to give our order. There was an older guy in front of us, probably 55 to 65 carrying concealed. I pointed to my wife because his pistol was printing so much under his thin t shirt. It looked like a small automatic in an owb at the 3 o clock position. My wife then took our son to play on the playground thing and I was still in line behind the guy. I whisper to him, "Hey, you're printing really badly". But he just laughed and said something that I couldn't make out. I think he was hard of hearing because he just looked straight ahead waiting to give his order. His SA was so poor, if I had been a BG, I could have easily sucker punched him and stole his weapon. I tried to make him aware but it was fruitless.
    My advise would be, to let him (or anyone else) be. There was no need to say anything. JMO
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

poor way to carry but if it's covered it's legal here. But a bad Idea to print.

Senior Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    His SA was so poor, if I had been a BG, I could have easily sucker punched him and stole his weapon.
    How do you know his SA was poor? Should he have been turned toward you? Maybe 10 feet from the counter with no one around? Kinda' hard to order food that way.

My SA tells me not to eat at McDonalds. Maybe the 16 year old pimply faced kid put a booger in your big mac..OH; you didn't see him do it? Poor SA on your part.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

A new form of activism in non-open carry states that do not have laws against printing:

Semi-Open Carry! Just print so badly that it is basically open carry and show 'em that you have a right to open carry! Extra benefit is that it acts as a deterrent to bad guys. They see you printing and so they decide not to rob you!!

He just seemed totally oblivious, not paying attention. To RightsEroding, what's with your beligerence towards me? Is everybody on this board just angry or bad asses? Can't a guy tell a story without being made out to be a bad guy? I thought CC'ers are supposed to look out for each other and help each other out?
    Semper Fi til I Die

Glock 29 10mm

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    OP, if you think you can't be sucker punched because your SA is so high, you're fooling yourself. What he probably mumbled was, "Mind your own business." You may not be as concealed as you'd like to believe.

Unless someone's shirt or jacket is hung up and exposing a concealed firearm, I'm saying nothing. I'd rather have everyone's attention focused on someone else's CC than mine.
    OD*, suntzu, archer51 and 4 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Don't take it the wrong way, but there is a fine line between looking out for someone and meddling in someones personal affairs. For example, I'm in an open carry state, so if I was hypothetically printing, it would probably be because I didn't care. As a CCer, you may pick up on the bulge of a grip. However, 99.9% of the population would still be clueless. Don't feel obligated to get up into other peoples business. It's great to look out for your fellow man. Say... if his shirt had ridden up over his gun (like oldvet said), It would probably be courteous to let the guy know. However, criticizing someones carry style, face to face, probably won't win you any friends.
    perfection and FTG-05 like this.

Should have just not said anything. Not really anyone else's business.

You may be on to something with the hard of hearing speculation. He may not have understood your communication. His reaction fits the bill.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    What did you expect him to do? Change into another shirt in the food line at McDonalds?
    stylus likes this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

If I were printing I'd appreciate the good looking out. I take steps not to but we can all flub it. If you had persisted I would have considered it intrusive but not as you describe it. As for myself and those who feel as I do Thanks.
    Jaggyd33 likes this.

NC is an open carry state, so I guess he wasn't wrong or anything. I didn't make a big deal of it, just tried to tell him he was printing, not criticizing or getting in his face.
    Semper Fi til I Die

Glock 29 10mm

He must not have known how common it is to be sucker punched and relieved of one's inadequately concealed sidearm, in a McDonald's on Friday morning. You should have sucker punched him and taken it, to teach him a lesson.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links