XDS .45 or Glock 30S..comments welcome please

This is a discussion on XDS .45 or Glock 30S..comments welcome please within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Trying to decide between these two for new carry.. Friend of mine who own's one of every handgun ever made (I think)..he has 3 gun ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: XDS .45 or Glock 30S..comments welcome please

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

Trying to decide between these two for new carry..

Friend of mine who own's one of every handgun ever made (I think)..he has 3 gun safes in his home.....has one and indicated that this gun may be toooooooooo small and toooooooo lite. That it will
    rattle all the bones in your hand for days after shooting this thing....for that reason he was not real happy with the weapon.....

Any experience with this....is he correct.....
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

I have both except my 30 is a sf. I say 30 if you can carry it. it's my edc except when dress doesn't allow then I go with XDs

Quote Originally Posted by sawfiler View Post
    I have both except my 30 is a sf. I say 30 if you can carry it. it's my edc except when dress doesn't allow then I go with XDs
    I appreciate the info, but how does the XDS shoot..is it as violent as my friend makes it out to be.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    I appreciate the info, but how does the XDS shoot..is it as violent as my friend makes it out to be.
    No. IMHO the xds is very easy to shoot and much easier than anticipated

Try renting one at your local range

I imagine, based specs and design, the Glock would be easier on recoil.

The Glock also holds more rounds, at 10+1 compared to the XDS' 5+1 (or 7+1 with extended magazine).

For civilians, they're about the same price. However, I'd feel I'd be getting more gun/better value with the Glock if I had to choose between the two.

No, the XDs is not bad at all. I was pleasantly surprised with how relatively light the recoil was - I expected it to be pretty harsh, but it was totally controllable.

I think an LCR chambered for .38 had more recoil than my XDs (although I just rented the LCR and only ran 1 box of ammo through it) given lighter weight and no autoloading action to absorb the energy. I have some +p HST rounds that I want to run through my XDs for possible carry; that might be more of a handful - but really not a big deal so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I had this same dilemma before I bought my xds. It all really came down to round count for me. I want both but have not been able to find the 30s anywhere nut that will be my next purchase. Both are excellent guns and my xds is a breeze to shoot. I added pierce grip extenders to my 5 round mags and picked up a couple 7 rounders because I have big hands and needed the pinky support to have the full effectivness of my combat grip.

Glock 30s or 36. Don't get the XDS. This coming from a previous XDS owner. The Glocks are superior in almost all aspects.

The XDS made my hand throb for 24 hours after just 1 box of ammo. I could shoot my 36 all day and just have a minor tenderness.
    Kennydale likes this.

XDS .45 recoil is very manageable.

My suggestion...wear shooting gloves because the textured grip WILL dig in to your hands.

XDS is a great EDC...it is however imho NOT a good "range" gun.

The recoil on the XDs wasn't too bad for me...but I only ran a few rounds through it. I imagine 50 shots through it is an experience. I am in the market for a .45 now myself, but I am leaning to a G30S or a smaller 1911...I know wide range but that's where I'm at now.

There's only one way to answer your question....try before you buy! I went with the XDs for size because as far as I'm concerned, Glock doesn't make a "compact" pistol! I really enjoy mine, shoots great, accurate and concealable for warm weather carry. I too, was on the fence with those folks talking about recoil and sore hands. For me, neither of those issues hold true. The XDs points well, is accurate, trouble free and I love the grip. I've really enjoyed all the range time with my XDs.

I did purchase Pearce grip extensions along with the factory extended 7 round mag and quickly found I actually shoot better without the Pearce grips. Friends have tried the XDs and really like it's performance as well. It's really personal preference as with all hand guns.

Yes, I have Glocks and like them, but this time around I wanted a compact and am sold on the XDs! Good luck with your decision!

Quote Originally Posted by GJ44 View Post
    There's only one way to answer your question....try before you buy! I went with the XDs for size because as far as I'm concerned, Glock doesn't make a "compact" pistol! I really enjoy mine, shoots great, accurate and concealable for warm weather carry. I too, was on the fence with those folks talking about recoil and sore hands. For me, neither of those issues hold true. The XDs points well, is accurate, trouble free and I love the grip. I've really enjoyed all the range time with my XDs.

I did purchase Pearce grip extensions along with the factory extended 7 round mag and quickly found I actually shoot better without the Pearce grips. Friends have tried the XDs and really like it's performance as well. It's really personal preference as with all hand guns.

Yes, I have Glocks and like them, but this time around I wanted a compact and am sold on the XDs! Good luck with your decision!
    My concern stems from the fact that I have a wee bit of authur-ittus in my right thumb joint. Don't want to spend that kind of money for a weapon that would aggravate the authur-ittus....but not sure the Glock would be any different from that standpoint.

The Glock .45's recoil a lot better. I've shot both.

VIP Member
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links