More proof..Gun permit laws and BG checks don't deter bad guys

This is a discussion on More proof..Gun permit laws and BG checks don't deter bad guys within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; GREENVILLE, N.C. — A North Carolina man accused of wounding four people in a shooting spree was denied a gun permit, according to sheriff’s deputies. ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sixgun
  • 1 Post By oldnfat

Thread: More proof..Gun permit laws and BG checks don't deter bad guys

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

GREENVILLE, N.C. — A North Carolina man accused of wounding four people in a shooting spree was denied a gun permit, according to sheriff’s deputies.

Pitt County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Christy Wallace told the Associated Press that 23-year-old Lakim Anthony Faust’s gun permit application was rejected in August.

She said the sheriff’s office has discretion to turn down an application.

Faust is accused of shooting and injuring four people near a Greenville Wal-Mart on Friday. The suspect was then shot and wounded by police.

Witnesses said the gunman used a shotgun to shoot a Geico insurance adjuster in the parking lot of the Kellum Law Firm across from the Walmart store.
    He then allegedly ran across Greenville Boulevard where he shot three more people in the Walmart parking lot.

Police said Faust tried to run off but he was cornered nearby on Hooker Road where he traded shots with officers and was hit.
    Police said they recovered more than 100 rounds of shotgun ammunition at the scene of the shootings.
    Greenville police said he will be charged with four counts of attempted murder.
    Investigators said they have not found any links between Faust and the four victims.
    The victims, whose ages range from 50 to 70, were listed in stable condition at Vidant Medical Center, according to WNCT.
    Evidence gathered during a search of Faust’s home appears to show he had some plan for the attack and wanted to shoot a number of people.
    Faust was studying for his GED from Pitt Community College, but was banned from the campus because of his behavior.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Of course bad guys dont follow laws or rules. Why should they worry.
    Aceoky likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Evil people can be anywhere. For no reason they may try to harm any of us at any time. Stay alert and stay armed my friends.
    Aceoky likes this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

My coworker's son was in the Walmart when this happened and actually heard all the gun shots. He was even interviewed on the news about it but I can't find the clip anywhere. We were headed to Baltimore when we kept hearing reports on the radio about this shooting.
    Semper Fi til I Die

Glock 29 10mm

Sponsored Links