Concealed carry and the gym

This is a discussion on Concealed carry and the gym within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Need some help with this one. I want to join a gym (again) and am wondering how to go about discretely getting my firearm on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Concealed carry and the gym

Need some help with this one. I want to join a gym (again) and am wondering how to go about discretely getting my firearm on and off, as well as how to keep the thing secure. I am obviously not going to workout with it on me. I currently carry a cm9 or g26 in a remora or pjholster. I like to leave clothes in a locker, so transferring my gun to a gym bag before changing isn't ideal-still, right now it's the best option I can think of. Curious if anyone here has any experience with this sort of thing.

First thing that came to mind was the Belly Band: Belly Band Holster - The Original Bellyband - Concealment Holsters

Toss a loose shirt over it and go, go, go. If it's comfortable for you and your routine, of course.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

If only I worked out in a belt and jeans.

I wear mine to the gym and take it off in a stall when i get there. I lock it in a gym locker with a key lock and keep my keys on me at all times. Locker room is pretty busy so i doubt anyone could get away with walking in with bolt cutters. On the way out, go into a stall and re-equip. Good to go.

Nix
    I leave my gun at home when I go to the gym.
    mck1975, jrizzleP95 and LM2024 like this.

Gun safe in the car.
    mck1975 likes this.

I don't have to worry about it, since I have never stepped foot in a gym and don't intend to start now!
    Drgnfly and mck1975 like this.

I pocket carry my lcp at the gym. I dont want to need it and not have you never know when someone might roid rage and go hulk on me or someone else I want to be prepared. Im a 24/7 carrier I make no exceptions except, obviously, for places unlawful to carry. Some sort of belly band may work if you feel the same way.

Glock 19 or 26 in a fanny pack. I wear it while I work out....no one gives me a second look. Fits tight enough so it does not flop around while moving.

....having had my locker broken into twice at L.A. Fitness in Orlando, I would NEVER leave my gun in my locker. I always have my wallet and keys with me as well.

....I just have these "thug" trust issues....can't help it.

and this little incident will never be forgotten when I am gym bound and helped solidify my resolve to not be disarmed while I work out....crazy people everywhere.

2009 Collier Township shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2009 Collier Township shooting

The 2009 Collier Township shooting, also referred to as the 2009 Bridgeville LA Fitness shooting, was a mass shooting resulting in murder-suicide that took place on August 4, 2009 in an LA Fitness health club in Collier Township, a suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The attack resulted in four deaths, including that of the perpetrator who took his own life. Nine other people were injured.[1] The fitness center is approximately 10 miles (16 km) south of Pittsburgh,[2] in The Great Southern Shopping Center, a strip mall located in the Kirwan Heights section of Collier Twp.
    RonCo likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Bodyguard 380 in a small fanny pack with my T-shirt over it.

I would throw it in the locker. But only cause I'm not into fanny packs and what have you.. also wouldn't want to leave it locked in the car, or venture back home to get it.

Find a gym where you don't need a gun!

I leave it in my vehicle locked up.
    The darkest places in hell
    are reserved for those who maintain
    their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Glock 19 or 26 in a fanny pack. I wear it while I work out....no one gives me a second look. Fits tight enough so it does not flop around while moving.

....having had my locker broken into twice at L.A. Fitness in Orlando, I would NEVER leave my gun in my locker. I always have my wallet and keys with me as well.

....I just have these "thug" trust issues....can't help it.

and this little incident will never be forgotten when I am gym bound and helped solidify my resolve to not be disarmed while I work out....crazy people everywhere.

2009 Collier Township shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2009 Collier Township shooting

The 2009 Collier Township shooting, also referred to as the 2009 Bridgeville LA Fitness shooting, was a mass shooting resulting in murder-suicide that took place on August 4, 2009 in an LA Fitness health club in Collier Township, a suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The attack resulted in four deaths, including that of the perpetrator who took his own life. Nine other people were injured.[1] The fitness center is approximately 10 miles (16 km) south of Pittsburgh,[2] in The Great Southern Shopping Center, a strip mall located in the Kirwan Heights section of Collier Twp.
    Wow that is close to me. Just moved to pitt about 5 months ago and never knew that happened. Leaving it in my car is a no go since i dont wanna venture into a parking garage at night without it.

I carry in the gym all the time and when jogging. For the gym I carry my Ruger LCP in a Smart Carry holster. Works perfectly and conceals well right between my legs in my basketball shorts. I don't have to worry at all about unholstering it when I hit the gym. It is comfortable and does not get in the way whether I'm on the treadmill, lifting free weights or using machines.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links