KS & MS Info. . . States Honoring Other States. . Happy 4th of July!

This is a discussion on KS & MS Info. . . States Honoring Other States. . Happy 4th of July! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Happy “4th of July” to all and “Thank You” for all your assistance over the years. Handgunlaw.us is what it is because people just like ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Gary Slider
  • 1 Post By GunnyBunny

Thread: KS & MS Info. . . States Honoring Other States. . Happy 4th of July!

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

Happy “4th of July” to all and “Thank You” for all your assistance over the years. Handgunlaw.us is what it is because people just like you give me a heads up on changes in the laws of their states. I couldn’t do this by myself. Sorry for the long post but I believed everything needed stated. Gary Slider

July 1st brings many changes in Kansas and Mississippi plus other smaller changes in other states. Kansas July 1 will honor all other states. All State, County and City Buildings can get an exemption and have up to 5 years to install Medal detectors and have all entrances covered or they can no longer ban carry in those buildings. No Longer is any area outside a State, County or City building off limits. Kansas law also points out that a CCL holder if they do walk past a No Gun Sign have to be ask to leave first before they are in violation of any law.

Mississippi new law allows open carry. A judge has put a hold on that law so until they have another hearing Open Carry will not be legal in Mississippi beginning Monday. I do not believe the stay on the new law will not last long.
    Handgunlaw.us will be updated with many new changes because of law changes in Kansas and Mississippi plus other smaller changes in a few other states late Sunday evening 6/30/31.

Things have changed radically over the last 8 to 10 years. More states honor other states permit/licenses than ever before and it is getting better all the time. Here are some of the numbers!

3 states allow anyone who can legally own a firearm and is 21 to carry it concealed without any type of permit/license. AZ, AK & VT

1 state just allows its residents to carry concealed without any type of permit/license. WY

1 state allows those from the states of Arizona, Alaska, Wyoming and Vermont to carry on just their state issued Drivers License/State ID. Those 4 states have permitless carry and the State of Oklahoma allows those states residents to carry without a permit/license in Oklahoma since their state allows them to carry without any type of permit/license. Those from all other states must have any valid permit/license to carry in Oklahoma.

13 states honor all other states permit/licenses. ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, MI, MS, MO, NC, OK, SD, TN & UT.
    2 More states will join the list of states that honor all other states permit/licenses in the next 6 weeks. AR & AL.
    That means a Grand Total of 18 states will honor all other states permit/licenses by the end of Aug 2013 or allow permitless carry.

Many states honor 20, 30 and a couple honor more than 40 other states permit/license.
    Only 10 states plus DC, NYC and the U.S. Possessions do not honor any other states permit/license. CA, CT, HI, IL, MD, MA, NJ, NY, NYC, OR, RI, DC, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands & Puerto Rico. Of the states on this list CT though a May Issue state issues like a Shall Issue State. Some counties in CA and NY will issue to anyone who meets the criteria and OR is Shall Issue.

Illinois will join the Issue states in the coming months. The bill on the Governor’s desk and is Shall Issue. Though they will not honor any other states permit/license the bill does allow for non-resident permit/licenses. The Governor has not signed or vetoed the bill at the time of this posting.

Excluding Illinois as described above only DC, American Samoa and the Northern Marianas do not issue permit/licenses to carry. Some don’t realize that residents of the “American Possessions” are U.S. Citizens.

Below is a chart showing how many states that state will honor. “CC” stands for Constitutional Carry + they honor all. “All” means they honor all other states. A number represents how many states they officially honor. You can view the complete chart at the link below. This chart is from Page 2 of the document. The first page lists states and who honors them. The second page lists the states and who they honor.
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USReciprocity.pdf

# State

23 Alabama
    CC Alaska
    CC Arizona
    38 Arkansas
    0 California
    30 Colorado
    0 Connecticut
    18 Delaware
    0 DC
    33 Florida
    0 Guam
    27 Georgia
    0 Hawaii
    All Idaho
    0 Illinois
    All Indiana
    All Iowa
    All Kansas
    All Kentucky
    36 Louisiana
    8 Maine
    0 Maryland
    0 Massachusetts
    All Michigan
    15 Minnesota
    All Mississippi
    All Missouri
    41 Montana
    35 Nebraska
    15 Nevada
    22 New Hampshire
    0 New Jersey
    23 New Mexico
    0 New York
    0 New York City
    All North Carolina
    36 North Dakota
    23 Ohio
    All Oklahoma
    0 Oregon
    28 Pennsylvania
    0 Puerto Rico
    0 Rhode Island
    18 South Carolina
    All South Dakota
    All Tennessee
    41 Texas
    All Utah
    CC Vermont
    0 US Virgin Islands
    29 Virginia
    11 Washington
    24 West Virginia
    33 Wisconsin
    34 Wyoming
    TX expat likes this.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

VIP Member
    What would we do without you Gary?
    pittypat21 likes this.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

VIP Member
    Mr. Slider Thank You . This work you do has to be frustrating and rewarding all in one .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar
    Thank you for the kind words. They are very much appreciated. As for being frustrating not as much as you think. First I really enjoy what I do. If I didn't I don't think I could do it. Second I get to talk to some very interesting people. Again Thank you for the kind words.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

Pro
    Another thank you! Your website is extremely helpful. 👍
    Minimum government, maximum freedom.

NRA - Member
    GOAL - Member

Links