Update on new range being built in Raleigh NC

This is a discussion on Update on new range being built in Raleigh NC within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For those of you in the Triangle area of North Carolina, an update on a new range being built. Currently, in Raleigh there are only ...

Thread: Update on new range being built in Raleigh NC

For those of you in the Triangle area of North Carolina, an update on a new range being built. Currently, in Raleigh there are only 2 real choices.... a crappy one... and a crappier one. ;-)

===

North Raleigh Guns Custom AR-15s - North Raleigh Guns
    July 2, 2013
    Fellow Gun Enthusiasts:

We are getting closer to ground breaking for Triangle Shooting Academy!

What's been happening: Lot's of things. As many may know, we have chosen Bobbitt Design Build as our primary contractor. We have been working very closely with their team to finalize the plans, engineering, permitting, road widening and environmental issues. Right now we are moving buildings, and getting ready to tear down the house on the property. We have recycled the tobacco barns with a local firm that will resell the lumber. Soil borings are happening now, and the wetlands area has been staked out for the county people to review. (We have a 1.5 acre stocked pond on the property) If you haven't yet, please Google 6501 Mt Herman Rd, Raleigh, NC 27617 and take a look...

We are meeting today to do a couple final tweaks to the building plan. Our range supplier is yet to be decided, but we are very close. Lot's of decisions there, involving ceiling type over the range, baffles required, lighting and sprinkler locations, type of bullet trap (we are going with treated rubber material). Also type of target carrier, stalls, tables, etc. We have chosen the world's leader in HVAC for indoor ranges. Their system is state of the art, which will provide the best filtered air money can by. It has a monitoring system at their corporate office, to make sure the air is as pure as possible. Very expensive, but worth it!

We will have 8x8 doors, armored, in each bay for easy access for special targets and training equipment. Also one bay will be of "tactical" design, and allow Law Enforcement to bring in vehicles to train with.

We have decided to build in two phases. The first phase will incorporate much of our original plans: including training rooms, café, gunsmith, VIP area, 6500 sf of retail, etc. This will be about 33,000 hf. The second phase will allow us to offer much more, based on demand. We can add at least 100,000 sf of anything we want. We will conduct surveys of our customers to see what works.

In a few weeks, we will release our website and pricing plans. We think you will like the pricing... The early sign ups will get a discount.

The team at North Raleigh Guns would like to thank you for your strong support, which is allowing us to proceed with this project. More announcements soon!

We have started our Triangle Shooting Academy Facebook page, and eventually transition from NRG when the new range opens.

Thank you very much for your support, and have a great Fourth of July!

Bill

Bill Edwards
    North Raleigh Guns
    6104 Westgate Road Suite 118
    Raleigh, NC 27617

919-410-8804
    919-781-4445 fax
    919-649-8200 cell
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Not to change the subject but any word from the State House???
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Sounds great!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Not to change the subject but any word from the State House???
    House took this week off, so no action. Bill has just been sitting there. State budget has taken precedence for now it appears.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Distinguished Member
    Thanks for the post. Wonder when the range is scheduled for completion?

Thanks for the post!! I didn't know about this.

Links