learned a valuable lesson yesterday afternoon...

This is a discussion on learned a valuable lesson yesterday afternoon... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While meeting with some friends at a local cigar shop I was IWB carrying with a long sleeved dress shirt as a cover garment. We ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: learned a valuable lesson yesterday afternoon...

While meeting with some friends at a local cigar shop I was IWB carrying with a long sleeved dress shirt as a cover garment. We moved from the table to the couch in the lounge and as I got up to leave one of my friends says what is that on your belt, I played dumb and said oh thats just my knife. He said no not that then pointed at my holster. I knew he then had spotted me and he said I didn't know you had your permit. luckly there wasnt anyone else around but made me really think on how I can conceal better so this wont happen again.

were you tucked? did he spot the belt clip, or were you printing?
    "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king."

Or... just switch to open carry and not worry about it at all!

If you're doing it legally then there is nothing to worry about. When I get "made," I just act like it's no big deal.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Why people freak out about this totally escapes me.

I carry iwb, but prefer owb. Owb just makes clients uneasy at times. I have had mine show two or three times. Just act normal about it. You are doing nothing wrong and despite the liberal media-hype, what we do is a VERY common practice. If my 87 year old female neighbor can rock a glock 26 on her ankle (and sometimes forget she has shorts and not pants, you can too. When you act skiddish about it, it makes others feel the same way.

could'a used one of them seegars to lay down a smokescreen.
    "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king."

I don't see the problem. Unless you conceal to the point of near inaccessibility, your firearm will get noticed from time to time. The answer to "what's that on your belt?" is "it's a gun".

Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    I don't see the problem. Unless you conceal to the point of near inaccessibility, your firearm will get noticed from time to time. The answer to "what's that on your belt?" is "it's a gun".
    My answer to "what's that on your belt?" is "none of your business".
    British by birth. American by choice.

Welcome to the concealed carry world. This kind of event goes with the times you sit down and get that loud "KLUNK" from the back of the booth seat and people look at you like "what the heck was THAT?" and the times you sit in a chair with a partially open back and you stand up only to hook the chair and it swings from your previously concealed handgun like a tar baby.

These are the times you smile and keep on going like all is well.

These are also what "Murphy" has waiting for those that carry where they are legally restricted because think they only have to worry about being found out when they draw for a real life threatening defense situation.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

I've been made one time by a girl who hugged me lower around the waist that I expected. I don't really care, it is what it is. I've spent days upon days carrying around my very own family in nothing but jeans and a tshirt without them ever being sure I have it, and it's something they've even grown to expect now.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveInEdmonds View Post
    Why people freak out about this totally escapes me.
    - If you carry a gun, you're immediately categorized as a redneck and a no good NRA member. You know, the organization that is really a shill for the manufacturers of death.
    Aceoky and MasterGadgets like this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    I got a pretty big job recently, a conversation came up between a client and me about ammo and guns , talking about laws and such, ccp . i told him about the gun training i received. i also told him i would walk him though the carry side for his business. Come to find out he is a hunter . I would talk to your friend and get him on the wagon
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

It's a polarizing issue, typically the less people know the better. It hasn't happened to me yet, but when it does,"I prefer to exercise my 2nd amendment right" is my planned response.

Pocket carry FTW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links