my ccw in fl ?

This is a discussion on my ccw in fl ? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I submitted an ap in mid april. Then at the beggening of may I found out someone had put a restraining order on me. Well ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: my ccw in fl ?

my ccw in fl ?

I submitted an ap in mid april. Then at the beggening of may I found out someone had put a restraining order on me. Well may 15 I had court and basicaly the person had no right to do put it on me. I faxed dept of ag the certified copy from court that it was dropped. How will this affect my turnaround time for the ccw ? Keep in mind from letter of suspension to date of fax was I think 14 days.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Call them and ask. They are very helpful on the phone in my experience.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

I agree call and ask, be polite of course and I do not think it will be a problem. My application was taking way to long and I called and was told we don't know why it is not sent out and I was told they would send it right out and they did. Most important part is being polite IMO.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

They said that bc of the suspension it will take atleast 90 more days but they don't know at this time.

Does that sound right at all

Can anyine else help on this matter

VIP Member
    No one can help you on the issue. If the state is telling you 90 days, then you need to figure on 90 more days.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    You're unfortunately kind of on your own on this one. You'll just need to keep in contact with the ag office and see how they're doing with it.

Good luck, let us know how it works out. Just out of curiousity, how did someone put a restraining order on you without your knowledge? Normally you'd have to be served with that.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Ya basically I put a restraining order on my ex girlfriends boyfriend for beating on my children so she tried to put one on me to but there were no acts of violence so judge threw it out just a bunch of b.s.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Sometimes the redtape will bog it down but you should still get it once the truth be told. I would count on another 90 although my buddies took 58 days recently

Wow I just spoke with legal aid and bc of the restraining order even though it didn't go thru legal aid said 6 months to a year bc there attorneys have to review the case

Still nothing

What was the restraining order for? If it was domestic violence or stalking related you're going to have a rough road around anything gun related.

No the restraing order had nothang todo with violence. We have kids together and she did it cause she new I was getting the ccw and wanted to be a b***h and put me through it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links