Restaurants & Retail

Restaurants & Retail

This is a discussion on Restaurants & Retail within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There may already be a thread but I'd like to see a member generated list of places that allow /disallow carry by a sticker on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Restaurants & Retail

Post Restaurants & Retail

There may already be a thread but I'd like to see a member generated list of places that allow /disallow carry by a sticker on the window.

If you know some place that allows or encourages carry, please post it.

If you know a place that has a sticker, even if not prominently placed, please post it.

I'd like to give my money to those that allow whether I am carrying at that moment or not.

I've turned away from many a door for the sticker in the corner. There are a few places I still go but have to plan ahead for them since I can't carry inside.

For instance, Chic-Fil-A in our area does not have a sticker, allowing OC/CCL in my state.

It's a big request without knowing what state you live in. In some states, the signs carry the weight of law (Tennessee for instance). In other states they mean nothing other than your gun isn't welcome. Sometimes gun policies are a nationwide policy for a chain. Sometimes it's just a local franchisee making the decision. Then of course, there are many individual small business owners who are free to make their own decisions. Most states have a state gun owners forum that keeps a list for that individual state and members update it regularly. That's where I would look.
    HAGJewels and Aceoky like this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Without the state.... We can't equate....
    SmokinFool likes this.
    Don't call 911, call 1911...

I suffer from chronic & incurable "Condition One"
    But I've learned to live with it.

I'm in SW Ohio. Legal to OC and CC with Lic as a shall issue state, if not stickered on the premises.

Quote Originally Posted by HAGJewels View Post
    I'm in SW Ohio. Legal to OC and CC with Lic as a shall issue state, if not stickered on the premises.
    This might be a place to start your search...

Ohioans For Concealed Carry Discussion Forums ? View forum - Criminal Protection Zones (CPZs)
    HAGJewels likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

DBS
    Quote Originally Posted by finst3r View Post
    Without the state.... We can't equate....
    I think the OP is just interested in which stores/restaurants have which policies, regardless of whether the policies carry the force of law. He wants to know where he can feel good spending his money.
    HAGJewels likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DBS View Post
    I think the OP is just interested in which stores/restaurants have which policies, regardless of whether the policies carry the force of law. He wants to know where he can feel good spending his money.

You're right. But, even so a nationwide list would be lengthy indeed. That was the point that we were trying to make.

VIP Member
    While VA based, this will give you a starting point. Many of the businesses listed are national businesses.

Gun Owner Unfriendly Businesses | Virginia Citizens Defense League
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

here's a place to check, its called friend or foe

Friend or Foe - Pro and Anti Gun Business Database

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    It is kinda hard to know,who has them.I doubt many states would have a list,althou,someone,or,some group, may try to, the best they can.
    Personally,i love seeing the wrong sign,in a place.I read on here,a while back,someone,was going to tell a business,their sign wasn't legal.Each to their own,and it was none of my business,but,the first thing that came to mind,was why tell them?

Ohioans for Concealed Carry Do Not Patronize While Armed database:

Do Not Patronize Armed
    HAGJewels likes this.

Senior Member Array Warrior1256's Avatar
    Here in Kentucky the no gun signs do not have the force of law.
    Aceoky likes this.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by HAGJewels View Post
    There may already be a thread but I'd like to see a member generated list of places that allow /disallow carry by a sticker on the window.

If you know some place that allows or encourages carry, please post it.

If you know a place that has a sticker, even if not prominently placed, please post it.

I'd like to give my money to those that allow whether I am carrying at that moment or not.

I've turned away from many a door for the sticker in the corner. There are a few places I still go but have to plan ahead for them since I can't carry inside.

For instance, Chic-Fil-A in our area does not have a sticker, allowing OC/CCL in my state.
    You might want to check out OpenCarry.org | ?A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost? as they have a listing for all 57 states. Or is that all 50 states?

Well...let's see if an old dog can learn a new trick shall we? Woo Hoo!! It worked!!
    HAGJewels likes this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Here in TX, pretty much any bar and a lot of restaurants are off limits by statute due to the 51% rule (if they generate that much or more of their gross revenues from alcohol sales for on premises consumption). The ones that aren't forbidden usually are either ones without liquor licenses or (oddly enough) high end steakhouses (their drinks are expensive but their food is too so they don't make it to 51%).

30.06 signs are rare, but they are out there. What is not rare at all are non compliant signs like stickers with an image of a pistol with a circle and line through it (TX Land and Cattle for instance) which are useless. 30.06 signs have to be verbatim correct to the guidelines in that section of the penal code or they have no force of law.
    HAGJewels likes this.

I find that there are Apps available for smart phones that handle this function.

One App that I use on my iPhone is "Posted".

If more of us who carry would become regular users of such Apps, given the crummy economy that we are in, we may be able to cause the anti-carry businesses to go out of business. That would suit me just fine.
    HAGJewels likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links