Concealed carry in schools

This is a discussion on Concealed carry in schools within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think this officer has the right idea. We have made schools and easy target. Video: Concealed Carry in our Nation?s Schools...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Concealed carry in schools

Concealed carry in schools

I think this officer has the right idea. We have made schools and easy target.

Video: Concealed Carry in our Nation?s Schools

2. Remove Ads

Agreed. As I see it, schools take custody of children for the time that they're there, and therefore assume responsibility for their security. There should be a significant presence of trained, armed personnel at every school.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

VIP Member
    Unfortunately our schools are a haven for gun hating liberals. Their answer to everything that has to do with violence is to stick their head in the sand and say it can't happen. When it does what do they do? They blame the inanimate object used for the violence, instead of the perpetrator of the violence.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    If I trust a teacher enough to watch my child for 8 hours a day, I trust them enough to have a firearm to protect that child.
    BobbyLee, 64zebra and surefire7 like this.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    I still feel all schools. should let the staff have with proper training the option to carry! Then post signs at every entrance ''WARNING OUR STAFF IS OR COULD BE ARMED''.IN BIG RED LETTERS

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Unfortunately our schools ADMINISTRATION are a haven for gun hating liberals. Their answer to everything that has to do with violence is to stick their head in the sand and say it can't happen. When it does what do they do? They blame the inanimate object used for the violence, instead of the perpetrator of the violence.

Fixed it

Easy targets are ones we don't take specific steps to protect.

One of the grossest aspects of criminalizing carry of arms is that it's the surest way to make a person incapable of withstanding violent crime if it does arise. No real way around that, other than to not do it.

We've already criminalized outright criminal actions. We need only cease criminalizing upstanding actions, and we'd go far. The author has it right, big-time, in that regard.

It's so simple. A person who's armed is better capable of withstanding deadly violence if it does arise, than someone who only has a finger and a phone. Don't want sheep for the slaughter? Then don't breed slaughterable sheep who can't defend themselves. Simple. Which means, cease indoctrination and wussification of our entire citizenry; cease criminalizing upstanding action; cease criminalizing keeping and bearing/carrying of arms; cease treating the last person standing as some sort of criminal by default, instead of presuming innocence and having a high "castle protections" standard that must first be met by any investigation.

And, by all means, don't just have schools that allow any Tom, Dick or Harry to just waltz through the front doors. Don't design the darned places with zero precautions against forcible entry. Don't design with complete inability of students to get out of cul-de-sac spots within a school facility. Don't design a school with weak doors, windows, walls that are easily breached by violent actors. And, absolutely don't fail to have armed staff, admin, citizens and LE who are qualified to carry in such an environment. Finally, bring back the teaching of decent weapons/defensive skills to kids throughout their educations. Wussification must go. Without that, we'll remain lambs for slaughter.
    NONAME762 and Lnafree like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by sealteam20001 View Post
    I still feel all schools. should let the staff have with proper training the option to carry! Then post signs at every entrance ''WARNING OUR STAFF IS OR COULD BE ARMED''.IN BIG RED LETTERS
    image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JJVP View Post
    YES

Now if only MORE ADMINISTRATORS and BOE would follow such a fine example

Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    YES

Now if only MORE ADMINISTRATORS and BOE would follow such a fine example
    Absolutely.

"The staff at xyz are armed and may use whatever force is necessary to protect our students." One has to wonder why on earth those guarding the students for the day wouldn't do everything in their power to protect them. Oh, what it says for a school/district to claim "All Inside Are Sheep, Unarmed And Defenseless" (ie, "This is a Gun-Free Zone"), by comparison.

And all it takes is the integrity to see the world for what it is, instead of what we'd prefer it to be, to realize that S happens, that predators abound, and that you can't very well defend with what you don't have with you. Amazing, that more don't realize the simple fact that being armed boosts one's chances, as compared to be unarmed and incapable.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

...GREAT IDEA...

Westwood ISD sign: Staff may be armed to protect students - KLTV.com-Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Texas | ETX News

...now if the gunsels can READ............

Quote Originally Posted by sealteam20001 View Post

As a teacher, I totally support this! The day after Sandy Hook, i inundated state and federal lawmakers begging for just such a thing. I would gladly sign up for required training to have the ability to truly protect my students. I've discussed this with a number of colleagues who would be willing to do the same. Luckily my state laws at least allow me to carry on campus, but my weapon must remain locked in my car. Georgia is awaiting a final vote, which Gov. Deal has vowed to sign if it makes it to his desk allowing properly trained administrators to CC campus wide! Unfortunately, the final call will be left up to the county superintendents, of which most in urban areas will probably cut it off at the knees to keep the peace with the libs in their districts. We'll see...

And the question of armed teachers MUST be handled at a local level.

Look at how the Feds bolloxed up the armed pilot situation with the Federal Flight Deck Officer program... until the late 80's, commercial pilots were allowed to be armed, and there was no significant problem with that. The FFDO program came along after 9/11, with so many administrative regulations and procedures that few pilots are actually interested in it. Not to mention ill-advised handling procedures that breed the type of ND that occurred in a US Air cockpit 3 years ago.
    NONAME762, ccw9mm and Aceoky like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

A few Texas schools are going armed, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it becomes the norm around here in the next few years. Just another reason it's good to be a Texan.
    sanfordreed likes this.

I have read where some places are having a special license and training to carry in a school with the gun locked up in the office.

I think the best way to keep our kids safe is to allow CCers to carry on school property. The bad guys won't know which school has them and which do not.
    Glock2201 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links