TV Test - Open Carry in Pa

This is a discussion on TV Test - Open Carry in Pa within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; One of the Pittsburg tv stations ran this piece last week. When I heard the promo I was expecting the usual slanted anti video. Much ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By contented
  • 1 Post By Oldpsufan
  • 1 Post By RightsEroding
  • 1 Post By Oldpsufan

Thread: TV test - Open Carry in Pa

TV test - Open Carry in Pa

One of the Pittsburg tv stations ran this piece last week. When I heard the promo I was expecting the usual slanted anti video. Much to my surprise I thought it was reasonably balanced and showed both sides w/o making a judgement.

http://m.wtae.com/news/packing-heat-...z/-/index.html
    squid86 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    i think they did a pretty good job getting both sides. i think they were definitely expecting more reactions from people. i think most people were just looking at them to make sure they didnt look crazy.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

I live in PA and I prefer CC, mainly because I prefer not to be noticed. I get enough of that with fingers missing off my left hand, an artificial left leg (from below the knee). I don't need to add an OC weapon to that list.
    darbo likes this.
    A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
    ― Edward R. Murrow

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    I liked the one patrons comment "It kinda' makes you feel safe"

As squid86 pointed out, if the OCer doesn't appear like a drug crazed lunatic, I rarely see a problem.

I've mentioned before in this forum, in my job I dress well with dress pants, a polo or dress shirt; a number of people [assume] I'm LE.

The old saying "Perception is reality" rings true for those of us who OC.
    Oldpsufan likes this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

I'd say if those two that OC'd in the video had on hoodies and baggy pants that whole experiment would have been different.
    darbo likes this.
    A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
    ― Edward R. Murrow

VIP Member
    Bares out what has been said here many times. Most people don't notice, and the majority that do don't worry about it. They understand that the BG's aren't going to openly carry.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Links