RV trip from NY-VT-NH

RV trip from NY-VT-NH

This is a discussion on RV trip from NY-VT-NH within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, lets see if I got this right. Just spoke to NH state police. If i'm driving thru and in these states, I can carry ...

Thread: RV trip from NY-VT-NH

RV trip from NY-VT-NH

OK, lets see if I got this right. Just spoke to NH state police. If i'm driving thru and in these states, I can carry on my person in NY (have a business carry permit), and I can just go ahead and do the same in and thru VT, but when I enter NH, I have to Lock the gun and ammo seperately in the RV in un-accesible part of the RV. but when i get to camp site, I can Open carry the loaded firearm. did I get that right?

Not too sure about New Hampshire but this might help

Frequently Asked Questions about Gun Laws in New Hampshire | Pro-Gun New Hampshire

Pretty straightforward here. You can carry loaded handguns however you like without a permit but rifles and shotguns must be unloaded when traveling in a vehicle

thanks, I read all that already. just seems to be a lack of clarity in all I read.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 2weelz4me View Post
    ... when I enter NH, I have to Lock the gun and ammo seperately in the RV in un-accesible part of the RV. but when i get to camp site, I can Open carry the loaded firearm. did I get that right?
    IANAL, but that sounds correct. Without a NH Pistol & Revolver License, you must open carry. Note that you CANNOT carry a loaded gun in a vehicle unless you have that license (or one that NH honors...NY is not honored in NH).
    Minimum government, maximum freedom.

NRA - Member
    GOAL - Member
    Comm2A Supporter

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    Not saying to do it or not but I have traveled over 37 states in my motorhome. There has always been a sidearm, lever action rifle and a riot gun inside and always loaded.

Not once in 41 yrs of such travel has anyone asked to search the RV.

That said, I am not going to cross into Canada or Mexico with the RV or anything else. If my guns are not welcome, neither am I.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Sponsored Links