"Controvesial" Stand Your Ground Laws?

This is a discussion on "Controvesial" Stand Your Ground Laws? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So.... While following a high profile case that is ongoing (Lets keep the discussion off of the case) I read in the MSM that stand ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: "Controvesial" Stand Your Ground Laws?

Sponsor

So.... While following a high profile case that is ongoing (Lets keep the discussion off of the case) I read in the MSM that stand your ground laws are apparently controversial! Honestly, I had no idea!

So...... What is controversial about stand your ground laws? I mean honestly, what the heck are people thinking?

-Clay

They are not thinking. That's the problem. And when they thinking, they are thinking with their liberal, left, crazy side of their brain that seems to block out all rational thought on the subject. I mean, if someone threatens you with harm, you are supposed to run and hide right?? You are supposed to scream and hope the person runs away. Sarcasm in the previous sentences. Then you have those people out there that think that you should not kill a person at all. Even if that person is trying to kill you. Crazy as it seems, there are those people out there. They think that you can stop a person with less than lethal means etc...

I have no idea either. Claiming 'stand your ground' laws are wrong/bad seems to be the same as claiming that a person committing a violent, self-defense worthy act on someone has *MORE* right to be in the location where the act is taking place.

Personally, I think that if you're committing a crime, especially a violent one, you're forfeiting your claim to legally occupy the space.

Um, I could be going out on a limb here, but I feel like the administration fears the citizens will "stand their ground" at some point. Consequently the administration and their sock-puppets (most of the media, and hollywood) are trying to convince us subjects that standing our ground is wrong. Maybe I'm over thinking it...
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

it's a favorite "demonizing" tactic used by the media. by pronouncing it controversial they succeed in making it so.
    "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king."

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Remember, this "controversy" comes from those who are accustomed to submission. They think urinating on your attacker is a valid defense to rape.
    Last edited by Nmuskier; July 12th, 2013 at 12:20 AM.

People think you need to run and be chased, others think you shouldn't legally have to. That's the controversy

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

It is controversial because most on the liberal side of the aisle and in the main stream media (redundant, I know) do not believe in the right to defend yourself or self-defense. Most of it stems from their hatred of firearms and since a firearm is the most likely method to be used in self-defense, well 2 + 2 = we hate guns, how dare you want one let alone use it, you racist! There is also a dual naivete regarding society and human nature. The first is that we have police to protect us. But as any person who thinks this through knows, cops are usually a reactive force. They clean up and document after a crime has taken place. The second is their belief that if guns we banned, no one would have them. This is wishful thinking and intellectual dishonesty when you consider other countries do ban firearms but still have bad guys with guns. It is human nature to go for the quickest easiest route to power. Bad guys want guns just as Iran wants nuclear weapons. No wishful thinking, or hope and change are going to change that.

GH
    Drive the left crazy by yelling "I'll stand my ground" while waving your "assault rifle" with a "high capacity" mag attached.
    Sarge65 likes this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    Drive the left crazy by yelling "I'll stand my ground" while waving your "assault rifle" with a "high capacity" mag attached.
    Heavy weapons with high capacity magazine assault clips of cop killing armor piercing bullets...

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Let's look at some "benefits" of criminals living through their act of committing violent crime.

Get attacked (robbed, raped, beaten, invaded, etc). Call the police (officers) so they can come take pictures (detectives), make a report, collect evidence (evidence clerks) ask questions, chase the criminal (more officers), maybe catch them, arrest, ooops broke a nail during the foot chase and tackle festivities (unions, paramedics, hospitals, doctors, nurses, administrators, obamacare, ambulances, lawyers), incarcerate the criminal (detention officers, nurses, doctors, kitchen staff), maybe prosecute (prosecuter, legal aides, judges, bailiffs, public defenders, clerks), convict, sentence, imprision (more detention oficers, nurses, doctors, kitchen staff), ooops prisoner 9999999's cell block is getting cramped need more jails (architechs, contractors, suppliers, builders, construction workers, unions, land brokers, lawyers). After serving 3 years of a 20 year sentence-parole hearing (parole board, lawyers), now the criminal is released on parole (probation officer, police, lawyer). Whoo hoo another one rehabilitated (system pats system on back). Will be tough for criminal to get and keep a decent job so they'll need assistance (housing, food stamps). Produce some tax deductions then bail on responsibilities therefore creating more need for government assistance (housing, food stamps, free school lunches, year round). Then the criminal will likely start the whole process all over.

That is how we breed a need for ever expanding goverment. Lots of jobs up there, helps keep unempolyment numbers down, and taxes up. If a young woman shoots and kills a rapist seconds before a rape is comitted we would need less than half of those mentioned above.

I realize I may have missed or exaggerated some in the scenario above but really we've complicated crime and punishment so much it's getting rediculous and expensive.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    They are only controversial if you are a criminal-loving, freedom-hating journalist.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldandInTheWay View Post
    it's a favorite "demonizing" tactic used by the media. by pronouncing it controversial they succeed in making it so.
    Repeat a lie often enough ...
    tcox4freedom and USM1976 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    from the window of your big, evil "SUV"
    "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king."

Quote Originally Posted by hwarang54 View Post
    People think you need to run and be chased, others think you shouldn't legally have to. That's the controversy
    I get the feeling that besides hating the idea of defending yourself, liberals think that running away would also be a violation of 'stand your ground'. They prefer to cower in place and soil their undies.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links