I Bought Beer With My CHL Tonight

This is a discussion on I Bought Beer With My CHL Tonight within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Accidentally... The lady friend and I are hosting a party tomorrow for about 2 dozen friends at her home, I went out this evening to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: I Bought Beer With My CHL Tonight

Accidentally...

The lady friend and I are hosting a party tomorrow for about 2 dozen friends at her home, I went out this evening to the local grocery store to purchase some libations and foodstuffs (sounds exciting huh?), some of the adult variety. I'm in my 30s, but to the high school kid working as cashier, evidently I look like I'm young enough to ask for ID (I'll be thanking him in 10 years), I was rather surprised since this almost never happens to me anymore. I pulled my license out (or so I thought) and handed it to him, a few seconds later I realized that my DL was still in my wallet (I keep my CHL behind my DL in my wallet usually). I looked up and said "oh sorry wrong card"...he just looked back and said "that's OK it's a license". Haha oh well!

For those not from TX, the CHL looks virtually identical to a DL or ID card, also it has both your DL/ID # and DOB on it. It was pretty amusing actually now thinking about it.
    squid86 likes this.

I have a similar funny story.

I had just received my Commercial Drivers License (Class B) and the cashier had apparently never seen "one of these weird ones". She accused me of having a fake ID and called over her manager to check it out. The manager had apparently never seen one either so I produced my CHL. Both of their eyes got really big, then they apologized and proceded to sell me my Shiner Bock.

No big deal, but yeah my CDL and CHL look almost identical.

Shiner, the only beer I'll drink. I have to one up you though. I didn't have my DL with me to get my marriage license. My wife was driving. The only ID I had on me was my CHL so I used that. The marriage license says DL# for her and CHL# by my name.

Distinguished Member
    I bought beer today using my laugh lines and crows feet.
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

Quote Originally Posted by remington79 View Post
    Shiner, the only beer I'll drink. I have to one up you though. I didn't have my DL with me to get my marriage license. My wife was driving. The only ID I had on me was my CHL so I used that. The marriage license says DL# for her and CHL# by my name.
    Hahaha, OK yea you definitely win!

VIP Member
    Maryland DL is predominantly blue and white as is Florida CHL.

Happened to me twice. I now keep it behind the Utah which is orange and white.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Made me think of how upset my wife was the first time she got a "Senior Discount" without having to show an ID first. I didn't hear the end of it for months. Hmmmmmmm come to thing of it, we haven't been back there since.
    niks, welder516, USM1976 and 1 others like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Our local grocery store has a sign that says they card anyone under 40

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Made me think of how upset my wife was the first time she got a "Senior Discount" without having to show an ID first. I didn't hear the end of it for months. Hmmmmmmm come to thing of it, we haven't been back there since.
    A little awkward around here this week. Mrs. Niks got her Golden Buckeye Card in the mail.

VIP Member
    My wife got carded in TN . She was all happy about . until the next day they carded me with her standing with me . We did laugh about it .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

When I ask if they WANT ID...they laugh!
    Aceoky and remington79 like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

At 67, some young clerks ask for ID to be funny when I buy adult beverages. I show them my U.S. Army retired ID card and they usually mumble, "Thank you for your service."
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

I did't plan on using my CHL but we stopped at the courthouse after work and it was almost time for it to close. That's ok it makes for a funny story.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    At 67, some young clerks ask for ID to be funny when I buy adult beverages. I show them my U.S. Army retired ID card and they usually mumble, "Thank you for your service."
    At least they recognized what it was. I've had clerks look at it and ask what it was.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Me too! Also gray hair where I'm not bald.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links