jogging/sprinting carry

jogging/sprinting carry

This is a discussion on jogging/sprinting carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm about to begin working out and it will be a lot of interval type training away from home outside. How do you guys that ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By ddclancy
  • 2 Post By paaiyan
  • 3 Post By Manderinobyebye
  • 1 Post By sealteam20001
  • 1 Post By robhic

Thread: jogging/sprinting carry

jogging/sprinting carry

I'm about to begin working out and it will be a lot of interval type training away from home outside. How do you guys that jog and workout outside carry?

thanks

I hand carry two S&W 500's while working out.......stay thirsty my friends.
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

When I run (when I had my S&W M&P .40c) I carried in a Crossbreed Supertuck. I'd wear compression shorts under athletic shorts with a drawstring, the holster would go under the compression shorts and the clips over the lip of both the compression shorts and athletic shorts, and I'd tie the drawstring on the shorts. I never had a problem with it slipping or bouncing. I generally jog for a couple miles and finish out with at least a 50 yard sprint. Sometimes a couple sprints.

Now that said, I traded in my M&P for a full-size 1911 and haven't carried while jogging since I got it, however the wife and I usually jog together and we bring our also-newly-acquired German Shepherd. He doesn't sprint with me, but he jogs.
    Pistology and Aceoky like this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    sorry I don't jog or workout cant help ya. lol
    perfection likes this.

I bike 6 days a week and I wear a fanny pack specifically made to carry a gun. It has a retention strap on the inside to hold the gun secure and a slot for a spare mag to slide into. Have been using it everyday all summer with my Glock19 and it has been very good.

I have one of those by Galco, but never thought to use it while biking. Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPony View Post
    I bike 6 days a week and I wear a fanny pack specifically made to carry a gun. It has a retention strap on the inside to hold the gun secure and a slot for a spare mag to slide into. Have been using it everyday all summer with my Glock19 and it has been very good.

I carry a bottle mixed with a potent sports drink. Sprayed in the eyes it would be very effective! Other than that I don't carry when I run. Wife carrys pepper spray
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Yarg28 View Post
    I'm about to begin working out and it will be a lot of interval type training away from home outside. How do you guys that jog and workout outside carry?

thanks
    I run, bike, lift weights and do interval type training while wearing a Pistolwear.com running holster with a Shield. I wear running shorts and UA lightweight T-shirts. I run at about a 9:00 to 9:15 minute pace, so I'm not lollygagging too much. Holster doesn't bounce and stays where you put it. Keeps the gun dry, because its made of neoprene. Easy to clean..........just hand wash in the sink and hang to dry over night.

I've had mine for 3 to 4 years iirc, and use it 3 to 4 times a week. Good luck.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

VIP Member
    Similar to paaiyan, Wilderness Instructor belt between underwear/jock and outer shorts. IWB (I use AIWB - anyway, holster between belt and underwear) carry where comfortable a compact or airweight. Works great.
    For belt size, add two inches to your largest comfortable waist size.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

+1 for the Pistol Wear Holster. Self-contained and designed for active use. It's like the old Thunderwear/SmartCarry in that it has its own belt and fastens without clips, belts and can work with elastic waistband pants. It has a flap and magnetic catch to retain the pistol. Not a fast draw but seems a good way to active carry.
    gun_bushido likes this.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I carry my Glock 30 in a belly band from The Original Belly Band - Master Of Concealment.com. I wear sweatpants or shorts over the belly band and a t-shirt untucked. To provide additional support for the gun, i wrap a leather belt around the bellyband and secure it. The gun never moves and the whole rig is very comfortable. I jog, run on treadmills, use ellipticals, and also lift. The gun has never moved.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

thanks for the responses. good stuff to think about.

Links