CC in NYC??

This is a discussion on CC in NYC?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This may seem like a stupid question but, what is New York City for carry purposes?? My NYS Permit says " if issued outside of ...

Thread: CC in NYC??

CC in NYC??

This may seem like a stupid question but, what is New York City for carry purposes?? My NYS Permit says " if issued outside of New York City not valid to carry a weapon" Is it just Manhattan, which is technically NY,NY or is it all 5 Borough's? I can't seem to get any clarification on that, I have no desire to visit there but may have to go to VA Hospital in the Bronx.
    I would just prefer to carry as I normally do and lock my EDC in car before going inside. Any clarification would be appreciated.

Thank You, Mike

2. Remove Ads

I don't believe your weapon is authorized on VA property including the parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    I don't believe your weapon is authorized on VA property including the parking lot.
    I thought I was OK in parking lot I will do some research, Thanks very much

VIP Member
    NYC means all five boroughs and Yonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    NYC means all five boroughs and Yonkers.
    I knew the 5 boroughs were included, but had no idea Yonkers was part of the deal. I learned something

In case anyone cares, its pronounced "Yahn-kizz"

No firearms are permitted on VA property...the va hospital i got to here has large signs as soon as you pull into the property. As far as NY city goes, concealed carry is not authorized in any burrough. Handgun ownership in general is restricted. Do yourself a favor and leave the gun a hoime
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tanninman View Post
    This may seem like a stupid question but, what is New York City for carry purposes?? My NYS Permit says " if issued outside of New York City not valid to carry a weapon" Is it just Manhattan, which is technically NY,NY or is it all 5 Borough's? I can't seem to get any clarification on that, I have no desire to visit there but may have to go to VA Hospital in the Bronx.
    I would just prefer to carry as I normally do and lock my EDC in car before going inside. Any clarification would be appreciated.

Thank You, Mike
    A couple of points.

1) NYC is comprised of 5 counties or boroughs. The Bronx is part of NYC. Your NYS license isn't good there.
    If you don't want to see the inside of The Bronx County Courthouse, don't carry in The Bronx.

2) You are almost certainly safe in that part of The Bronx. At least that was the case when I lived there, which was a long time
    ago, but I doubt that area has changed much for the worse; and maybe it has for the better.

Try sending a private message to Secret Spuk and ask him his opinion, but I think you'll be just fine in that area. His knowledge of the city is much more recent than mine.

BTW, one of the most important discoveries in medical science of the last 40 years happened at that facility. I'm thinking Nobel Prize, but I could be wrong.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    I knew the 5 boroughs were included, but had no idea Yonkers was part of the deal. I learned something

In case anyone cares, its pronounced "Yahn-kizz"

I was just Yahnkin your chain on that one....

I lived half my life there it literally means all the five Boroughs, unless you ask Bloomie then it means the entire planet earth .

Quote Originally Posted by tanninman View Post
    My NYS Permit says " if issued outside of New York City not valid to carry a weapon"
    The less-than-reputable NY political hacks might well take that to mean: you're SOL in all places, as (a) your license was issued outside of NYC, and (b) it's therefore not valid for the carrying of a deadly weapon. Surprise. You could always call Bloomers' office. I'm sure he'll tell you.

Seriously, though, if you don't have one of the "I'm special" type NY CHL's that only the rich-and-connected get, it's fair to say that nowhere that anyone considers to be NYC will be lawful for you to carry, unless you can find some statute to the contrary that specifically makes it clear.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

You guy's are great! Thanks for all the input. I am happy to have the clarification & to know about the VA parking lot too.
    Pistol will stay home for all VA hospital visits from now on.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    this NYC must be a very safe place to live. The amount of gun violence must be very low with the restrictive gun control

Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    this NYC must be a very safe place to live. The amount of gun violence must be very low with the restrictive gun control
    Yes, just like Shuhcargo.
    "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king."

Links