Attention Horizontal Shoulder Holster Users.

This is a discussion on Attention Horizontal Shoulder Holster Users. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How many of you worry about the business end of your carry gun pointing at innocents behind you?...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Attention Horizontal Shoulder Holster Users.

How many of you worry about the business end of your carry gun pointing at innocents behind you?

nope.

I don't, because I leave it alone if I'm carrying it that way and keep my fingers off of it.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Not I.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

Me neither. Contrary to what a lot of the idiot libtards think, I seriously doubt if my "evil gun" is going to go off all of it's own volition! I put it in the holster and then keep my hand off of it. At night, I take it out of the holster and put it in the nightstand. No chance it is going to "go off" by it's self.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Less than I worry about an IWB holster pointed at my femur.

Yeah, I saw Diehard 3, too. It doesnt work that way.

I have two Galco Miami Classic shoulder rigs. The triggers on the weapon are covered, AND there is a backstrap holding the gun in place.

Now you tell me, why should I be worried?

I was just wondering because my ccw instructor told us it was not a good way to carry ones gun.
    Please Mr Bad Guy, don't do anything to warrant me to pull my gun and use it on you!

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Yeah, I saw Diehard 3, too. It doesnt work that way.

I have two Galco Miami Classic shoulder rigs. The triggers on the weapon are covered, AND there is a backstrap holding the gun in place.

Now you tell me, why should I be worried?

I made my own shoulder rig (I'm a leather crafter) using a Miami Classic as my pattern, so mine is similar to yours.
    Please Mr Bad Guy, don't do anything to warrant me to pull my gun and use it on you!

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    I dont worry about innocents behind me. My shoulder holsters point down.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

I pocket carry a Springfield XDS-45 as a BUG. If you are setting across from me in a room, there is a condition one .45 ACP pointed at your junk.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

I guess I dont agree with your instructor. Dont get me wrong, I generally DONT use a shoulder holster.

Mission determines equipment. There are times when its just the right holster.

Perhaps he didnt like the draw method. I like it, and its sure good for driving situations.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHoles View Post
    I was just wondering because my ccw instructor told us it was not a good way to carry ones gun.
    JDE101, msgt/ret and mprp like this.

No worries here. Been using this type of holster for years. Love it!
    Cheers!

Joe
    NRA Benefactor Member
    Fortīs fortūna adiuvat

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Just because somebody "teaches" a class, doesn't actually mean they know what they are talking about.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by BigHoles View Post
    There are arguments against a horizontal shoulder holster. The main one that would worry me is that it's very easy to sweep some part of your body or other people with the muzzle when you draw. I understand that some trainers discourage their use on the range to avoid this. Also, it's more difficult to draw quickly than IWB when standing, though I see it as a big advantage when driving.

As for the folks behind me, it would make me slightly uncomfortable just because of the principle, and I don't use mine except around home for this reason. But realistically, it's safe. There's no way to wear a holster that can avoid pointing towards people in some circumstance. For example, go above the first floor, and even a gun IWB can be pointed towards those in the floors below. A gun that presents a real danger of going off while holstered shouldn't be carried at all.
    ...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure.

Captain Bellamy

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links