Just joined NRA

This is a discussion on Just joined NRA within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just joined the NRA. I would like members here and of the NRA to respond. What are the advantages ect.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Just joined NRA

Just joined NRA

Just joined the NRA. I would like members here and of the NRA to respond. What are the advantages ect..
    G26Raven, rigel42, Tzadik and 2 others like this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Well there are many advantages having a NRA membership. Discounts and firearms insurance being a couple. However the biggest advantage is having a strong voice in DC lobbying on our behalf.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    However the biggest advantage is having a strong voice in DC lobbying on our behalf.
    Absolutely.
    Old Sarge and Black Knight like this.

Our gun club requires NRA membership to be a member of the gun club. Insurance purposes.

They do have political weight, although some may not always agree with how it is used.

You will find other advantages on occasion, however small.
    joker1 likes this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

VIP Member
    IMO without the strength of the NRAs membership, we'd lost all/most of our guns a long time ago.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    IMO without the strength of the NRAs membership, we'd lost all/most of our guns a long time ago.
    pretty much this. i dont support the NRA to get anything in return. i support them because they fight for my 2A rights, they take care of the legal/ political fighting, and they do a great job at it. our donations help fund the battles they fight for us, for our rights.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

As far as the things that you get for your money that provide enjoyment I can think of 3 in descending order:

1. Insurance
    2. Discounts on gun-related items
    3. Magazine subscription to American Rifleman

I really don't have time to read the online magazine, but I have saved some money on holsters here and there.

Far and away the best thing about the NRA is its force as a lobbying organization. The main reason that I give is that I know by doing so I help to preserve my 2A rights. It is also cool that the NRA is the premiere gun safety organization in the U.S.
    Warrior1256 likes this.

MJK
    Welcome and thanks for joining our organization! To me the most important reason for being a lifetime member is knowing that I'm actively supporting a freedom that is unique in today's world - a freedom that so many have paid for with their lives and fortunes!

The President, Vice President and Attorney General of the United States vehemently attack the NRA for defending the Second Amendment. This is the best indication of how effective we are at preserving our right to keep and bear arms!
    Aceoky and phreddy like this.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Well there are many advantages having a NRA membership. Discounts and firearms insurance being a couple. However the biggest advantage is having a strong voice in DC lobbying on our behalf.

That's the reason I joined.

My reason for joining was to let Washington know that one more citizen woke up.
    joker1, ppkheat, phreddy and 1 others like this.

VIP Member
    So I can get all that fine advertising ................................. The only reason i did join is to support our rights and my rights it cost tons of money to go up against the government and our tax money
    Warrior1256 likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

And don't forget the NRA Wine Club.
    ppkheat likes this.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

Thank you for joining.

I joined after moving from NY to PA. Not to sound ignorant but I was more uninformed of how important the 2A is when I was in NY. I couldnt even get close to anything that was a handgun. As soon as I got PA residency i bought my first 3 handguns. Carrying made me feel safer in my apt and on the street. I now have the right to protect myself where I can legally carry. The whole experience reinforced why its so important and needs to be protected.

And most NRA members share the same views i do. Id prefer to be associated with people like that. Keep fighting the good fight.
    Aceoky, locotest, BigPony and 2 others like this.

It's not a perfect organization but they do fight for our 2nd amendment rights. I doubt there is any organization that 100% of their members 100% agree with them 100% of the time. They are the largest and best voice we have in D.C. (the cesspool, not the forum). Insurance to cover your firearms, discounts, and being able to join a gun club are also advantages. The magazine is nice too, not 100% nice but some good reading and pretty pictures. Thank you for joining we all need all the help we can get in the coming years. Our rights are constantly under attack and this administration will not give up the fight.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links