Kydex hybird tip if you are interested......

This is a discussion on Kydex hybird tip if you are interested...... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While waiting for a full kydex clam shell AIWB holster (3 months or more) I am having to make my Old Faithful serve the duty.... ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Kydex hybird tip if you are interested......

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

Kydex hybird tip if you are interested......

While waiting for a full kydex clam shell AIWB holster (3 months or more) I am having to make my Old Faithful serve the duty....

I require a high ride (for full shooting grip extraction) and I require close to body for concealment.

I have altered my Old Faithful to do both with the addition of a wedge.

If you use this kind of holster you may be interested in this post......if not thanks for stopping in.....

0000aiwb4.jpg0000aiwb3.jpg0000aiwb1.jpg0000aiwb2.jpg
    DJC7 likes this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    You hot glued a pickle to the back of your holster?!?! J/k I guess if it works, how is it for all day comfort? What exactly did you use, a sponge?
    Aceoky and Ksgunner like this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I have to admit, that looks strange but as they say"whatever floats your boat".

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    You hot glued a pickle to the back of your holster?!?! J/k I guess if it works, how is it for all day comfort? What exactly did you use, a sponge?
    It is a soft spongy form of styrofoam very soft and very comfortable. I don't know the technical name for it......
    Aceoky likes this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Does this not adversely effect the concealability of the gun with it pushed out away from your body like that?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Brings new meaning to the term "wedgie".
    dben002 likes this.

Question

dben: If the gun's butt-end is pushed further in toward your body, then the lower portions of the holster are shoved outward, yes? How does that impact the concealability of that end of the rig, pooching out through the fabric of your shorts in the way it appears to in that last photo? Or, is it a problem at all?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

ccw9mm: dben: If the gun's butt-end is pushed further in toward your body, then the lower portions of the holster are shoved outward, yes? How does that impact the concealability of that end of the rig, pooching out through the fabric of your shorts in the way it appears to in that last photo? Or, is it a problem at all?

TN_Mike: Does this not adversely effect the concealability of the gun with it pushed out away from your body like that?

You guys are confusing me....(easy to do)......here's me today...I see nothing sticking out anywhere...If you do please tell me where so I can correct it.......and even if something was sticking out my girlfriend would just think I was happy to see her......

0000aiwb2.jpg0000aiwb1.jpg0000aiwb3.jpg0000aiwb4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    While waiting for a full kydex clam shell AIWB holster (3 months or more) I am having to make my Old Faithful serve the duty....

I require a high ride (for full shooting grip extraction) and I require close to body for concealment.

I have altered my Old Faithful to do both with the addition of a wedge.

If you use this kind of holster you may be interested in this post......if not thanks for stopping in.....

0000aiwb4.jpg0000aiwb3.jpg0000aiwb1.jpg0000aiwb2.jpg
    Thanks, dben! I'll have to try this when my Old Faithful comes in.
    dben002 likes this.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

I was actually thinking about adding some foam to an appendix rig I just bought. I have a little bit of a gut so I figured adding foam to the bottom of it would balance it out.

VIP Member
    Here is my AIWB tip for a kydex holster:
    Harrier AIWB - MidWorld Holster
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    dben: If the gun's butt-end is pushed further in toward your body, then the lower portions of the holster are shoved outward, yes? How does that impact the concealability of that end of the rig, pooching out through the fabric of your shorts in the way it appears to in that last photo? Or, is it a problem at all?
    You guys are confusing me....(easy to do)......here's me today...I see nothing sticking out anywhere...If you do please tell me where so I can correct it.
    I was referring to what appears to be some outward/forward movement in the fourth photo that you'd previously posted (this one). But then, it's a little hard to know for certain with so few views of your pre-change look versus now. Perhaps it's really not an issue. If not, great! Reality is, most everyone will just assume it's a wallet or some other "thing" in there, if they notice at all, as always.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    I was referring to what appears to be some outward/forward movement in the fourth photo that you'd previously posted (this one). But then, it's a little hard to know for certain with so few views of your pre-change look versus now. Perhaps it's really not an issue. If not, great! Reality is, most everyone will just assume it's a wallet or some other "thing" in there, if they notice at all, as always.
    I do carry a wallet in that front pocket...actually the tip of the Kydex shell is at the bottom of the flap of the little fake pocket (with the button) on the front of the shorts....I folded the shorts up under the bottom of the entire leather backing so the entire rig is only this deep........

0000aiwb5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Here is my AIWB tip for a kydex holster:
    Harrier AIWB - MidWorld Holster
    er

Mike, thanks for the link....I have to have a higher ride height than this holster allows...for me it's just way to close to the belt line......here is about how close it is and I can't get a full firing grip which is something I demand for my holsters..

DSC_1643__88140.1368180359.1280.1280.png

VIP Member
    er

Mike, thanks for the link....I have to have a higher ride height than this holster allows...for me it's just way to close to the belt line......here is about how close it is and I can't get a full firing grip which is something I demand for my holsters..

DSC_1643__88140.1368180359.1280.1280.png
    The only way to get that full grip you are referring to is to have 1-1/4" between the bottom front strap of the grip and the belt-line. That can be achieved either through canting the holster forward or raising it upward, or a combination of both. The lines you drew through the belt loop does not accurately demonstrate how that holster will ride, as they actually depict a rearward cant. To be more accurate, the lines should be parallel and at about 90 degrees with the slide edge.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links