It Finally Happened

It Finally Happened

This is a discussion on It Finally Happened within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I finally got the dreaded email at work today. We have a change in our company handbook and it stated that employees, customers and visitors ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: It Finally Happened

Angry It Finally Happened

I finally got the dreaded email at work today. We have a change in our company handbook and it stated that employees, customers and visitors are prohibited from possession of firearms or other lethal weapons in the building, even if licensed to carry. It says that the only exception is an employee who is required to possess weapons in order to fulfill their duties, which means no one that works here, we don't have security guards. All this is suppose to "ensure the safety and security of all employees and persons visiting the Company." We have zero security measures during the work day, people can just walk right in off the street. A gun won't just go off by itself so no one is in danger. I think management gave in to all this gun control crap . If they wanted everyone to feel safe they shouldn't have changed the policy.

VIP Member
    I guess they'll be confiscating fists at the door.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    I guess they'll be confiscating fists at the door.
    Followed by feet and knees.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

And cars...
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Can they lawfully search you at the door? If work acces is really the way you described it, I'd probably find a way around it...

Is it illegal to carry if an employer forbids it? Because if it's not illegal, I'd carry anyway. I'd rather risk losing my job than losing my life.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Most of my clients would not appreciate knowing I am armed, so I am discreet. Do what you need to do within the law. I carry two LCPs and two spare mags without worry of offending anyone. Works for me.
    gottabkiddin and packinnova like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by GSDSchutzhund View Post
    Can they lawfully search you at the door? If work acces is really the way you described it, I'd probably find a way around it...
    I suppose that employees could get searched but I doubt that would happen. I know that I could find a way around it I just don't want to risk being fired.

Go with something like an LCP in your pockets. No one will ever be the wiser as long as you have a good holster.

I CANT carry at work.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Just another GREAT excuse to be... self-employed!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member
    I am not the one to ask. I figure if you are going to take their offer of emplyment and take the check every pay day you owe them honesty. If the policy is no firearms or deadly weapons I am either going to do as asked or find another employer.

Just me. I was not allowed to carry even spark producing devices during some of my working history. We were searched often but I went with what they asked.

Imagine sitting down at dinner and explaining you lost your job and then decide is carrying at work worth that?? Only you can answer that.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Do whatever you feel you must do, but all it takes is one crybaby to get suspicious and you're collecting unemployment. Consider alternatives: Tactical pens, common pocketknives, etc. that can easily be overlooked.
    Hodad, srings, 357and40 and 3 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

It'd look bad on a resume.

Of course, Forum Rule 10 needs to be adhered to also: http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...hp?do=vsarules

I don't intend on breaking any rules, I just had to share with my fellow carriers.
    Rock and Glock and carracer like this.

IMHO, the business owners choice trumps my inalienable right to self defense. I can imagine his (her?) "No Guns" decision to be foolish, ill-advised or completely stupid, but it remains their call to make. My call is limited to my willingness to remain in their employ.
    awoodpd13, Ogre and bklynboy like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links