contemplations on a sick friend

This is a discussion on contemplations on a sick friend within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have this friend that had a heart attack a fiew days ago , he will be ok , but my question is should i ...

Thread: contemplations on a sick friend

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar

contemplations on a sick friend

I have this friend that had a heart attack a fiew days ago , he will be ok , but my question is should i guift him wiht a pocket pistol as a get well gift? now he has been trained as LE ( dispatcher and reserve officer ) background some time ago , but is not current , just moved back to CO and no reason to deny him a permit ... tho he dont have one .. I am thinking about giveing him something like an amt .380 , just to piss him off enough to go get permitted .. and remind him that he cant act like he is 20 anymore . What do you think ?
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    You know him better than us, however, after a heart event people can have a short fuse for some time. Maybe you should invite him out for an orange juice or something and talk about it until you can gauge his fuse. Do not want to trigger another event of some kind.

If you feel the need to throw the question out onto a public forum for opinions, you probably need to re-think the idea.

As for me, I just got the gift of a new revolver from my wife, partially as a result of some health challenges I face...she knows of my love for guns, so in my situation it was perfect.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Administrator
    I'd save that idea for a milestone in his road to getting healthy again.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Sounds like a great gift from a good friend
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Member Array chiefs-special-guy's Avatar
    If he does not want it, well, I could be talked into taking it.....
    Seriously, I would wait a few weeks and see how he is doing. A gun is a burden, really, and maybe he does not need any more burdens right now.
    God Bless
    Six for sure...Uh, I mean Five. Five for sure..

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I had forgotten about the " moodyness " that can occur in the first bit of recovery Thank you folks . The gift is on , but it will wait a bit for as sixto said a " milestone " gift . Thanks for the input, and i have known him enough years to know he will love the gift , and it may well motivate him to get a ccw , once he has a ccw pistol he will want to have it all the time .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Links