Church carry in Mississppii

Church carry in Mississppii

This is a discussion on Church carry in Mississppii within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You can't carry in a church in Mississippi?! Please tell me I am wrong...I've been reading and it appears church is off limits. I live ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Church carry in Mississppii

Angry Church carry in Mississppii

You can't carry in a church in Mississippi?! Please tell me I am wrong...I've been reading and it appears church is off limits. I live in TN and have a TN HCP but am going to visit a church in MS today. Just can't believe I didn't think of this until now...

Quote Originally Posted by perfection View Post
    You can't carry in a church in Mississippi?! Please tell me I am wrong...I've been reading and it appears church is off limits. I live in TN and have a TN HCP but am going to visit a church in MS today. Just can't believe I didn't think of this until now...

that's my understanding as well, interesting considering their "enhanced permit" allows it, the additional "training" the "enhanced" permit requires: Tennessee handgun permit course
    perfection likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HemiCoupl View Post
    that's my understanding as well, interesting considering their "enhanced permit" allows it, the additional "training" the "enhanced" permit requires: Tennessee handgun permit course
    Hmmmm....Wait...So does my Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit count as "enhanced" or non-enhanced when I am visiting their state????

...probably non-enhanced...they didn't make a dime off of it...but I'd still call and see:

601 987 1212
    Aceoky and Glock1978 like this.

Oh yeah, I forgot I had asked about whether it counts as enhanced already earlier this year...

Oopsie...Guess I'm getting old...

Does TN permit count as enhanced carry permit in MS?

...I have that virus...results in my having two of a lot of things...and I STILL don't remember where one of 'em is...
    Quote Originally Posted by perfection View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot I had asked about whether it counts as enhanced already earlier this year...

Oopsie...Guess I'm getting old...

Does TN permit count as enhanced carry permit in MS?

jem102, perfection and Aceoky like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I never understood a church having special protection more than any other place. It's this sort of "special protection" that make it un-protected.
    ccw9mm and perfection like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Wait....

And I can't even carry my pepper spray?....!!!!

....Just found this at handgunlaw.us:

"Chemical Sprays/Stun Gun/Higher Capacity Magazine Laws
    45-9-101
    Must be licensed to carry a stun gun"

EDIT: Oops. Not true. See here:

Pepper Spray illegal in MS without stun gun license?
    Last edited by perfection; July 28th, 2013 at 03:49 PM.

...it's for the children, we can all give a little to keep them safe, donchaknow...
    perfection and Sister like this.

To carry in church you must have a Mississippi permit with the enhancement. Out of state permit is a no go for church carry.
    perfection likes this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Those who go to church expect peace all over the world no matter what belief or faith (aside from Muslim Terrorists).
    Going to church is a time to experience the people of God without worrying about carrying a gun. If you feel the need to carry a gun in church then don't go that Sunday or Saturday or whatever day. Stay home and pray for peace with your God.

...feeling that way about things has allowed many shootings, robberies, and murders...of churchgoers and employees...

...I believe that God will protect Christians while we worship/serve Him...I also believe He'll use well-armed, well-trained men to do it...

...history bears witness that that's true...to believe there is no need to carry a gun to church is nave at best...the facts in the news in the last ten years prove otherwise...
    jem102, Ghost1958, ccw9mm and 4 others like this.

Bad things happen in churches. Even our beloved DHS has a emergency planning guide for religious institutions that includes a section on "active shooter" situations.
    http://rems.ed.gov/docs/Developing_E...ship_FINAL.pdf

BTW, we really should get that "active shooter" term out of the vocabulary. A better term is "would be mass murderer".
    Snub44 and TN_Mike like this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Quote Originally Posted by HemiCoupl View Post
    HA HA HA!!!!! Even Mississippi realizes that Tennessee is better!!! Love it!
    perfection likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links