Can't put the genie back in the bottle

This is a discussion on Can't put the genie back in the bottle within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The politicians, and media seemed stunned & amazed that after sandy hook, and using every emotional argument that they had, that they could not pass ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Can't put the genie back in the bottle

The politicians, and media seemed stunned & amazed that after sandy hook, and using every emotional argument that they had, that they could not pass an AWB, or ...anything. Of course those trying to pass new legislation seem not to know anyone like those of us here.

And thats where I think it all went wrong for them. Bill Clinton said something like "It aint 1994", (meaning its not like the last AWB. That its safe for you to vote for it now), and in my book, he is right and wrong.

He's right. It aint 1994... and thats why this time we the people are not going to put up with allowing them to pass another ban. Since 1994, the "Shall Issue" CCP laws have passed nation wide.

We are no longer used to being an unarmed people. Because of the laws passed since then, and the safety record of CCP holders, we are not willing to go back to what we once had.

The opposition is just now figuring out that they "Can't put the genie back in the bottle". The ship has sailed on this issue, and they missed the boat.

What do you guys think?

VIP Member
    I don't think they will stop tryin'........

Ever.
    OD*, Aceoky, msgt/ret and 5 others like this.

VIP Member
    I hope you're right.

One thing that I'm sure of is that they'll never stop trying.

Oops - Stoveman beat me to it...

You mentioned the "safety record", and I think that is also key to the issue. We seem to be getting more and more facts on our side, and hope you are right about not going back, but there are still lots of uninformed voters out there.
    jem102 likes this.

A number of you are saying that you "dont think they will ever stop trying". I started to add that to my OP. I agree.

My point was to observe that this time, its WE as a people who are different. While THEY were sleeping, "Shall issue" permit laws were passed virtually everywhere. The S.Ct. has actually made it better for those in cities where all legal weapons used to be banned.

The change in the law has turned many of us into citizens who go legally armed, and own ARs, or Aks, and that they faced not just a lobbying arm with orginazations such as The NRA, but resistance like they didnt know existed from regular Joes & Janes who are saying "NO" in ways they never dreamed of.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    They made a mistake here in Colorado. The Conservatives were a little apathetic due to that lack of good quality candidates and the Democrats took control. So they decided that they had control of the state and decided to pass gun control laws. What they failed to realize is Colorado is very purple, the group that wins is the one that has the most come out on that day. Well I can tell you next elections there will be a lot of Conservatives and Gun Owners coming out and kicking a lot of people out of office.
    StormRhydr and GeorgiaDawg like this.

We do not have nation wide shall issue but many states do.

People are standing their ground and fighting back against all kinds of threats.

A armed people or a polite people until you try to disarm them!!!!!!!
    StormRhydr likes this.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

You know, I dont think I want Nation Wide Issue. I trust my State to protect my 2nd Amendment rights more than Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    We do not have nation wide shall issue but many states do.

People are standing their ground and fighting back against all kinds of threats.

A armed people or a polite people until you try to disarm them!!!!!!!

Agree. I have followed the CO mess. They dont understand that while some tree hugger sits on the couch in his moms basement, eating cheetos, and the like, wondering when election day is, those like us will crawl over broken glass, to get us, our families & friends to the polls to vote them out.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    They made a mistake here in Colorado. The Conservatives were a little apathetic due to that lack of good quality candidates and the Democrats took control. So they decided that they had control of the state and decided to pass gun control laws. What they failed to realize is Colorado is very purple, the group that wins is the one that has the most come out on that day. Well I can tell you next elections there will be a lot of Conservatives and Gun Owners coming out and kicking a lot of people out of office.

Although we may have more and more "facts" on our side, little things like "facts" don't mean anything to the anti-gun, emotional, libtards like DiFi, Bloomnuts, Shotgun Joe, Obama, etc., etc., and their followers! And they will NOT stop trying, no matter what the "fact" tell them! It isn't a "factual" issue with them, it's an "emotional" one! And with the possible exception of Shotgun Joe, they really aren't stupid! They don't want facts to interfere with their "crusade"!
    StormRhydr likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

VIP Member
    While we have made gains and decisions of supreme justices and federal judges are encouraging, my county hasn't gotten the memo, not to mention many places that can be a lot closer to 2A than they are.

It is certainly incumbent on us to be active. We have some advantage in focusing on the issue while the base of the opposition doesn't think much of gun control until there's a tragedy and politicians falling over themselves "to take advantage of the crisis" to offer government security besides being on the wrong side of the law, heritage, and freedom.

One thing the opposition doesn't get is that 2A is not negotiable. It is not a starting point for compromise. We won't give up semi-automatic rifles or anything else that violates 2A to keep regulated concealed carry. I think they are starting to see that the emperor has no clothes. On a clear day, I can see a tipping point rolling back a lot of government prohibition and regulation over the private lives of citizens.

I'll always wonder how we got to such a sorry state as we were twenty years ago (roughly 1994 ("it ain't")) even in TX to make possible the Luby's massacre?

Though there is general progress toward freedom, the political pendulum swings and always will and will swing wildly when citizens put their security in the hands of the government while discounting the responsibilities and blessings of liberty.
    Aceoky and msgt/ret like this.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Definitely agree with the posts suggesting that they will never stop. Ignorance is bliss and there are a lot of ignorant utopians out there who love to live in denial. I don't think there will ever come a day that an influential number of people, namely voters and other chunks of the population that love the wool over the eyes in the name of security, will ever break the thought process, come back down to Earth where real common sense exists. They would rather give up their freedom simply because they don't know what else to do with it.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    The reality is that we need to educate the general public. People like Colin Noir are a good start. We need to make the general population understand we are not "gun nuts" and are just gun owners.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    I don't think they will stop tryin'........

Ever.
    Be that as it may, we won't, either.
    Aceoky, msgt/ret and nontechguy like this.
    "For someone who is nearly as smart as I am, how can you be so wrong about this?"

Distinguished Member
    What we need is for the Atty. General of the United States to get some nuts and enforce the 2nd amendment. All that is needed is to stop all federal assistance to states who choose not to honor the constitution. Then prosecute in federal court any state official who does not comply with the order. No national data base or national CCL license. Just uphold what you swore an oath to uphold when you were sworn into office. SCOTUS should support this action and refuse to hear any challenges to the decision. That would end this whole mess. Yeah, just dreaming here.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links