I Felt NEKKID!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on I Felt NEKKID!!!!!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sure I've read all the posts about folks feeling undressed without their weapon and various other, similar threads. And I didn't really think too much ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: I Felt NEKKID!!!!!!!

I Felt NEKKID!!!!!!!

Sure I've read all the posts about folks feeling undressed without their weapon and various other, similar threads. And I didn't really think too much about it until today.

But I had to undergo an outpatient medical procedure which required undressing and being in a no-guns medical facility. OK, how hard can this be? It's one day.

But it turned into ONE DAY?!?! Whoa! I truly felt something fundamental was missing from my "normal" operations this morning. I couldn't really put a weapon in my car for before and after. I had to have a friend drive me due to anesthesia. Couldn't conceal in the clinic, "concealed means concealed" and all. Where do you put a weapon under that backless hospital gown? (And NO! not there ... that's creepy!!! This ain't prison. )

I really felt something was missing and not normal. No bump or hard object on my right side. No feeling that sense of comfort knowing one of my "babies" was accompanying me to the doctor's. A bit helpless, I might say. Never again.

So all my slight scepticism in the past was completely dismissed today. I might even sleep with something strapped on tonight!!!
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

I flew to Europe for 3 weeks and couldn't take my CC, but atleast I could bring my EDC knifes.. Still felt half dressed not having a side arm, but am back home and now fully dressed!! :)
    Man I love the USA and our 2nd ammendment!! :)

Senior Member Array Warrior1256's Avatar
    I know the feeling. A few weeks ago I absent mindedly left without my pistol. Got too far down the road to come back before I realized it. The whole time that I was gone I kept thinking "What if today is the day?"
    perfection and GSDSchutzhund like this.

At least twice a week I have to go out to the nearby Air Force base to teach. Regardless of how many other places I have to go on the way to or from the base, I gotta go "nekkid" as well. And I don't like it.
    perfection likes this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

When I got hired by my current employer, I had to fly to San Fransisco for a week of orientation and paper work and suck. A week.....in San Fransisco.....it was hell on several different levels. I couldn't carry or even bring a gun with me. And....well, it was San Fransisco.

I know how you felt. I am not a fan of being unarmed either. I can do it, and I can still be safe but I'd prefer not to be unarmed.
    perfection and packinnova like this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I am in SF right now with work and I hate walking the streets without my EDC.
    perfection likes this.

Had that feeling plenty of times. The silver lining is that you're still better off than most folks; in my experience being armed makes me more aware of my surroundings and potential threats than when I was never armed, and when I now have to be disarmed, even MORE aware. The mind is our primary defensive tool, and a CC lifestyle helps to keep it sharp even when not carrying.
    Tzadik and john.shewchuk like this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Senior Member Array XD40SCiinNC's Avatar
    If anyone is going to have a medical procedures with an anesthesia that impairs their ability to drive, they also should not be armed until they recover from its effects.
    john.shewchuk and squid86 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40SCiinNC View Post
    If anyone is going to have a medical procedures with an anesthesia that impairs their ability to drive, they also should not be armed until they recover from its effects.
    Well, I think that's pretty well understood. But I'd say it certainly doesn't make it any less disconcerting.
    BamaT likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    This is true. But you gotta do what you gotta do. And reality is you can't always carry 24/7. This is one of those few scenarios that you cant. Its an uneasy feeling but sometimes you gotta do it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Quote Originally Posted by XD40SCiinNC View Post
    And I'd agree with you here. But, I have had this before, it wasn't a serious procedure, they FORCED me (CYA, I guess...) to have a driver. And after we got away from the facility I dropped my friend off at his house, with thanks, and drove myself the rest of the way home. I felt fine. Drove home in a LOT worse condition in my 20s and 30s many moons ago!!!
    GSDSchutzhund likes this.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
    I know the feeling. A few weeks ago I absent mindedly left without my pistol. Got too far down the road to come back before I realized it. The whole time that I was gone I kept thinking "What if today is the day?"
    Good point. But why do you torment yourself so?!
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Just is what it is. I went 40+ years without carrying. I'm now aware of the vulnerability of being unarmed, that's the difference. But it doesn't weigh on me. Perhaps because I cannot carry at work, so I'm used to "carrying when I can and not carrying when I can't."

I suppose if I carried 24/7 the absence would be more noticeable. We're creatures of habit.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Senior Member Array XD40SCiinNC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robhic View Post
    And I'd agree with you here. But, I have had this before, it wasn't a serious procedure, they FORCED me (CYA, I guess...) to have a driver. And after we got away from the facility I dropped my friend off at his house, with thanks, and drove myself the rest of the way home. I felt fine. Drove home in a LOT worse condition in my 20s and 30s many moons ago!!!
    Sounds like the colonoscopy route. Felt fine after mine also, but how one feels and their abilities may not be in alignment. Yea, I also got home in pretty bad shape in my youth, but that wasn't skill or ability, it's just luck that nothing got in my way.

I had to have a procedure done once where they didn't want me driving there or home afterwards. So I walked there. I had to take a pill the night before and the morning of. Wow...it took me twice as long as usual to just get there. I took a taxi home.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links