Defensive Carry banner

Need IWB holster recommendations for P-01 ( G19 size)

22K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  Nmuskier 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been successfully carrying my CZ P-01 for a while now and am to the point where I feel naked without it. It's time for a good IWB holster though.

I need something with a lot of cant (adjustable is preferred), and that is around $50 or less. It's around the same size as the G19, and a lot of the leather holsters made for the G19 and 226 will fit.

Here is what I'm looking at so far,

Blackhawk Inside the Waistband Holster Right Hand Leather Belt Loop

#2 ·
I have a FOXX holster. It is very well made and you can adjust the cant by adjusting the height of the clips. And mine was under $50. FOXX Holsters

You might also check Alien Gear. I do not have one of them yet but I have heard nothing but good things about them and they are priced around $30 I think. Alien Gear Holsters

I am a very big fan of the hybrid IWB holster. Believe me when I say, they are MUCH more comfortable that the style you are looking at.

#3 ·
Excellent choice of gun!

What are you doing now? OWB?

I always recommend a Remora. If you haven't seen them, there are no loops or hooks, just a sleeve for the gun with a very high-friction outer surface. The idea is you stick it in your waistband and it stays where you put it. I was fairly skeptical until I tried them, but it works surprisingly well.

One nice thing about this design is that you can try pretty much any position, height and cant you like. Even if you end up switching it for something else, this helps you figure out what works. And they're pretty cheap, about $25 typically. The only real downside I've found is with my 30 oz all-steel .45 - the weight can make it shift position a bit, not enough to cause a real problem but enough to be a nuisance.

#14 ·
Man this forum is great. I have a lot of options to sift through now.

I am carrying OWB in a Highnoon Slide Guard and while it works, it is far from the perfect holster that the reviews made it out to be. I occasionally carry IWB without any holster at all. But since I am not using a holster when carrying IWB, I do not chamber a round as nothing is covering the trigger. I have enough time with IWB that I know a lot of cant makes the gun comfortable in any position, and the P-01 doesn't print at all. I have a good belt, the Highnoon rock steady and I have never had issues with the gun shifting. The Remora might just do the trick, as I'd also prefer the holster be small too as when I'm carrying IWB it's likley that I will have to remove the gun and lock it in my car at some point during the day.

I really would prefer leather or nylon for my P-01 for now. Thanks for the recommendations guy, I'm going through all of them and researching the ones that look like something that'll work.

#4 ·
Crossbreed Supertuck. It's adjustable for ride height/depth, as well as cant. Two weeks to try it free, and a lifetime warranty. It's a Christian company, too, if that's important to you. I have a CB for every handgun that I carry.

#5 ·
White Hat Holsters... gun gear for the GOOD guys!

Two things put the above any other holster, IMO. The first is their customer service. You literally talk to the people who make the stuff, and they care about making sure it's right. Excellent customer service.

The second is that they don't rivet the Kydex onto the leather. Instead, they use screws and sell just the kydex for any gun you want to buy. So, if you decided to change your EDC, you don't have to worry about finding a new holster and breaking it in. Just buy a new Kydex piece, stick it on, and continue on your way with your already-broken-in holster.

#6 ·
All though I am sold on Milt Sparks VM II for my 1911's & Browning Hi-Power I tried the Galco Trition for my Glock 26 and I must say I am very much impressed! Sparks will spoil ya, but this Trition is working out so well I doubt if a order a Sparks for the little Glock.

#7 ·
I would highly recommend a holster with two attachment points for a P01. You will find a single clip/loop will shift. I carry my CZ in a Side Guard because I prefer quality leather holsters. You may want to save a bit and build your own hybrid with an Old Faithful.

#8 ·
I have had great success with the Gould & Goodrich IWB shown below. You can find it on Midway (item# 385909), and it sells for around the $35 to $40 mark roughly. The workmanship is great and the materials used are top shelf. I have used it for sometime now and never had an issue with it at all.

Handgun holster Joint Gun accessory Hand Finger

Revolver Handgun holster Trigger Airsoft gun Gun accessory

#16 ·
There are tons of great holsters but sadly, at least the last time I looked, there aren't tons of good holsters for the P-01. Personally, I would rather avoid a holster that was made for something else and just happens to fit the CZ; but that's just me...

Have a look at HBE LeatherWorks

He's very well regarded in the CZ community and makes quite a few different styles specifically for your pistol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.