George Zimmerman Stopped For Speeding in TX, And.......

This is a discussion on George Zimmerman Stopped For Speeding in TX, And....... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The moment George Zimmerman was pulled over by cops in Texas for speeding on Sunday - he told them he had a GUN and was ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: George Zimmerman Stopped For Speeding in TX, And.......

The moment George Zimmerman was pulled over by cops in Texas for speeding on Sunday - he told them he had a GUN and was 'going nowhere in particular' | Mail Online

He was carrying a gun. TX cop claimed to not recognize him. Told him to put the gun in his glove compartment. Gave him a warning (no ticket) and sent him on his way.

That man can't get a moment of peace. Everything is being scrutinized.
    gottabkiddin, ArmyCop and Aceoky like this.

He was speeding, he drew the attention to himself.

But he was lucky he got away with a warning. It seems as it was a good day for him.
    PatAz, Lish and bigmacque like this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    So now there are threads of people who was on tv,getting pulled for speeding?Smh
    squid86 and BigPony like this.

Move along now...nothing to see here!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Dan060 View Post
    So now there are threads of people who was on tv,getting pulled for speeding?Smh
    This is a gun forum. The interesting part of the story is that Z was carrying. We have speculated here if he would carry again, if he would be allowed to carry again, what he would carry, etc. The episode in TX is newsworthy to a gun forum for this reason.
    Jake228, rigel42 and perfection like this.

...the gag factor's kicking in...he shows up in thread after thread here daily...
    Jemsaal and ccw9mm like this.

Senior Member Array NickBurkhardt's Avatar
    Nice of the news to publish his vehicle license plate and drivers license numbers for all to hear.

Surprised they are allowing the tag # and other personal info in the video to be public. They shouldn't be, in my opinion. Maybe he's looking at moving to a more gun / self-defense friendly place without the political heat and bias on the case. They need to leave him alone at this point.

Looks like a very professional and well handled stop by the police officer.

I was on a long long stretch of road in Texas where there is nothing for a long long way.... not even other cars, and not even a curve in the road to keep you entertained. Yep, I was speeding.... and was pulled over..... the one officer was adamant about writing me a ticket, but his partner kept saying " let him go on". The officer wanting to write the ticket couldn't get his pen to work, nor his spare pen, nor the third pen.... and so he wanted the other officer to loan him his .... He told him "no, you want to write him a ticket... you get your own pen" (we are in the middle of no where). I didn't get a ticket... as the one officer was serious, he wouldn't loan him his pen to use. So, the officer ... very disgruntedly told me "it's your lucky day". Don't speed in Texas, the tickets are expensive. However, I never met a bad officer in Texas.
    Snub44 and perfection like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    OK..so if I get caught speeding with my gun in Texas, all I do is show a copy of this article to the officer and I get a warning and sent on my way? Equal justice right??????
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

DBS
    The interesting part of the story is that Z was carrying. We have speculated here if he would carry again, if he would be allowed to carry again, what he would carry, etc.
    If there was ever a time he should be carrying, it is now.

...I wonder how much the one who leaked the dashcam footage was paid...
    Hopyard and msgt/ret like this.

I think Zimmerman should cash in on his celebrity status and open up a school of self-defense, free advertising by the media!
    perfection likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    ...I wonder how much the one who leaked the dashcam footage was paid...
    I wondered this. How many groups in TX are searching for the truck as I type this? Hopefully, Z was smart-enough to realize staying in TX was no longer a good idea and is long gone by now. Probably needs to consider getting a new vehicle as well.

CNN reports he was speeding to catch up with the black car in front of him that was acting suspiciously as the driver was on a cell phone and eating skittles.

What, too soon?
    British by birth. American by choice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links