Defensive Carry banner

Michigan reviews "Stand your ground"

1K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  sdprof 
#1 ·
#2 ·
No body wants Detroit. This will go nowhere.

Reactions: rugergunner
#4 ·
Most politicians who favor "duty to retreat" seem to favor bad guys over the good guys. I wonder how many of them were defense attorneys before the became politicians? I have said more than once, 125-150 years ago our "criminals" would have been given a proper name. That name is OUTLAW because they lived outside our laws. Sometime in the last 100 years some over educated idiot decided to give a 50 cent thug a $500 name when he called them a criminal. Since then their egos can only be compared to certain politicians. A person who is where they are legally and doing something that is legal should never have to retreat from any thug or politician. It should be the thug who has the duty to retreat or accept the risk of loosing their own life.

#8 ·
Don't be so sure. America took obama off Chicago's hands. Just goes to prove there's a buyer dumb enough for anything

Reactions: ep1953 and Aceoky
#10 ·
I don't see it getting changed. A friend of mine is a state representative and he said that there is not enough support for the idea to even bring it up for discussion.

As for Detroit... We need to keep it. It is home to the Wings, Tigers, and the Detroit Auto Show. Everything else sucks... but we can't lose those!

#12 ·
Wouldn't it be funny if any of these "reviews" of SYG laws ended up recommending making them even better?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.