Texas CHL Turnarounds

Texas CHL Turnarounds

This is a discussion on Texas CHL Turnarounds within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello everyone. I was just curious as to how long the turn around for the state is. I sent my stuff off to the DPS ...

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar

Texas CHL Turnarounds

Hello everyone. I was just curious as to how long the turn around for the state is. I sent my stuff off to the DPS two weeks ago and today the website said it is in process and being manufactured. Does anyone know how long it could be before I get it in my mail box?

Probably about 2 months. They are behind and understaffed.

Mine took about 7 weeks from May this year.
    “When they come--stay calm. It's a cannon!!!!!!!"

Can't get here soon enough. I've been looking forward to it ever since I started the class. Where I work it's needed sometimes. I deal with some of the bottom of society (collection officer at a car lot). And people can get pretty irate. Not to mention the normal dregs of society out in the world.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Mine took 6 months back in 2009.

Assuming all that should've been submitted got there, I would allow 90 days based on my recent experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by WannabeaCPA View Post
    Hello everyone. I was just curious as to how long the turn around for the state is. I sent my stuff off to the DPS two weeks ago and today the website said it is in process and being manufactured. Does anyone know how long it could be before I get it in my mail box?
    If it says is being manufactured, that means they have all the info and you passed the background check. You should expect your CHL within a week or two.

My TX CHL took 41 days mailbox to mailbox. But, if this is of any consolation, one of my friends got his back in less than 3 weeks.

I think its luck of the draw. My status was stuck on "background check pending" for 3 weeks, his was only for 3 days.

Edit: I applied for my CHL in September 2012. He applied mid June this year (2013) and received it in the mail early July.

Mine took 7 weeks back in April/May

2 weeks about a year ago, but that was a renewal. It took 10 weeks my first time
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Please give some thought to why you want a CHL. You need to walk away from irate people. Remember you have the loaded gun, and you cannot let anything escalate. Be safe, but after you are carrying, stay out of arguments with people if you can.
    Can't get here soon enough. I've been looking forward to it ever since I started the class. Where I work it's needed sometimes. I deal with some of the bottom of society (collection officer at a car lot). And people can get pretty irate. Not to mention the normal dregs of society out in the world.

Didn't mean to sound like I'd blow someone away for anything under the sun. What I meant was that if we repo someone's car and they come up to the office mad or wheeling a weapon I can defend myself. Also we carry money in the safe in the back of the office. We have also recently had a vehicle stollen from our lot. I am wanting my CHL to protect me and mine. I'm not looking for a fight. Just want something to end a fight that I don't want to be in. Sorry for any confusion.

I am with you. Good post here and you should be able to defend yourself. Just remember the consequences.......possible arrest, grand jury, trial, lawyers, expenses and more expenses. But, you will be alive. Glad you are getting your CHL.
    Didn't mean to sound like I'd blow someone away for anything under the sun. What I meant was that if we repo someone's car and they come up to the office mad or wheeling a weapon I can defend myself. Also we carry money in the safe in the back of the office. We have also recently had a vehicle stollen from our lot. I am wanting my CHL to protect me and mine. I'm not looking for a fight. Just want something to end a fight that I don't want to be in. Sorry for any confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by sanfordreed View Post
    I am with you. Good post here and you should be able to defend yourself. Just remember the consequences.......possible arrest, grand jury, trial, lawyers, expenses and more expenses. But, you will be alive. Glad you are getting your CHL.
    Yeah I hate the fact that there are so much hoops and stuff to go through but that is life. I'd rather face a lawyer than have my mother have to burry another son.

Mine took 47 days mailbox to mailbox.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Links